Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2004 Bentley CGT - Air Suspension Troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 11:53 AM
aquamarinepanzer is an unknown quantity at this point
2004 Bentley CGT - Air Suspension Troubleshooting

I've noticed that my car likely has a slow leak. Parked for 24 hours, the driver front corner sits about 2 inches lower than the day before, and the pax front corner sits 1 inch lower. I've replaced the struts and the valve unit. However, the problem seems to be getting worse. Before if I left it a week, the car would still be no lower than 1-2 inches, now the driver front corner wheel is tucked into the fender. If I unlock and relock the car (without starting it, the pump is capable or raising it back up within a few seconds). If I start the car up (after it's gone low from sitting), it will take 10 seconds to raise up but still gets back up to the right height.

I keep leaving the car at the garage for weeks on end and they can't seem to find the problem but they have a lot of experience with Bentleys and other exotics. I'm going to take it in for a 4th time but wondering if any of you would have any other suggestions? Seems I've already replaced the usual suspects.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:13 PM
Kes
Kes is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi, had similar issue with my X5. Replaced pillows, situation got worse. Turn out it was faulty new pillows. Ordered original from BMW fitted, no sagging if left 3 weeks +.

Old 06-01-2017, 01:28 AM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
You said your replaced your air structs and still have leaks? It is possible your new unit is fault because I had the same issue.

Old 06-01-2017, 01:35 AM
Kes
Kes is an unknown quantity at this point
My BMW X5 had faulty air springs. To save time i bought them on ebay, replaced and situation was worse then before.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.