Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Lower GT control arms

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 07:41 AM
ret09gt is on a distinguished road
Lower GT control arms

Has anyone replaced their lower control arms? I am planning to do it myself on my 09 and looking for some lesson learned from the experience.

Old 05-11-2018, 09:02 PM
philberticus has a spectacular aura aboutphilberticus has a spectacular aura about
Sorry nobody replied for you, did you ever end up doing this? I'm about to attempt mine. Just wondering if the Phaeton W12 arms all interchange

Old 05-12-2018, 06:19 AM
ret09gt is on a distinguished road
Yes I changed them out. I cut the bolt and then installed it backwards to keep from lowering the subframe.

Old 11-17-2018, 05:31 PM
gtjay is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ret09gt
Yes I changed them out. I cut the bolt and then installed it backwards to keep from lowering the subframe.
can you tell me how you cut the bolt? I’m in the process as well and already replaced all arms myself with no problem besides the front lower. Looks like a nightmare

Old 11-18-2018, 01:59 AM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
New 6in bi-metal blade on Sawzall. First remove the nut to push the bolt back far enough to cut off the bolt head. Lubricate blade with oil to help keep it cool and sharp. Don't be in a hurry to avoid banging around scratching the vehicle. Doing this on a lift is easier than crawling under the car. The replacement bolt (technically called a hex head screw) from Fastenal:M12x90mm×10.9 HCS. The replacement bolt is high-strength, fine thread, as per factory specification for this application.

Using Gorilla Tape or equivalent in the recessed "sawzone" to protect the paint is advisable, apply a couple layers.

Last edited by 1eapplebaum; 11-18-2018 at 02:10 AM.
Old 11-18-2018, 09:33 AM
John Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond repute
Just for balance I had replaced in the U.K. Lower front at the front .
part was £105 + vat , labour about another £100 + vat .
Part was from euro car parts .
Internet search relieved huge range price wise up to £400 a piece for one in bag with Bentley logos on .

It did towards the end of its life feel a bit harsh over bumps I think it’s the big rubber bush on the chassis side that perishes .

They ave Joe spanner guy was not phased with the prospect he said about an “hour if that “

Result is the ride refinement is a vast improvement for very little outlay relatively speaking considering Bentley GT ownership costs ,

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.