Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Next problem.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 05:15 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Next problem.

I just fitted a new headlamp washer jet but couldn't get it to work, so, trying to swap the jets from side to side to see if the new one would work on the good side, I snapped the retractable tube.

I now have a new part on the way via air but, looking at IETIS, I have to remove the front bumper and the right side wing/fender, then the headlamp, just to swap the part.
What a PITA for a simple part swap!!!

Or, does anyone have a better idea?

Les.

Old 06-24-2017, 03:48 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Not that it helps now but these spray systems are notorious for not working due to air locks. If they dont work a good bleed can sometimes sort the problem. Unless bled they will never work no matter how long you leave it for.
As to the procedure to change one , I knew it was a bit tricksy but wasnt away the head light had to be remove. If so what a Pain in the ***.

Old 06-24-2017, 04:21 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
You're right Frank, a PITA.
Poor design unfortunately.

The service is due in a couple of months so it might have to wait for my Indie to fix.

Les.

Old 06-24-2017, 05:44 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ExSF
You're right Frank, a PITA.
Poor design unfortunately.

The service is due in a couple of months so it might have to wait for my Indie to fix.

Les.
Hi Les,
Glasgow Bentley have just got mine working again. Luckily it was just bleeding that was required. I dont have the invoice atm but IIRC they weren't going to charge for it

Old 06-24-2017, 08:55 AM
I've got no choice Frank, I snapped the retractable tube part so it's u/s.

Les.

Old 06-25-2017, 03:59 PM
ULSTRUP is on a distinguished road
Hi Les.
you're asking for trouble! let your indy do it. it's summer so you don't need those washers that badly for the next two months...

Old 06-26-2017, 11:33 AM
Hi Ulstrup.

I agree about trouble. I am going to get the Indie to do it. I would worry about getting the panel gaps back to normal without the special gauges they have. Plus he is a top man with these cars and well trusted.

Les.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.