Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

GT Front Air Struts Issue

Old 07-12-2017, 11:46 AM
Arachnophobia will become famous soon enoughArachnophobia will become famous soon enough
GT Front Air Struts Issue

Recently I replaced both front struts on my 2007 GT. Ever since then I have had a persistent slow leak that takes about a week to a week and a half to lower the entire front end of the car. It seems to lower the front end fairly evenly. When I start the car the compressor pumps the front back up and is fine for another few weeks. I took the car back to my local independent shop that replaced the 2 front struts and they are telling me that it is my air strut control module and it is going to cost 2K to fix. They told me that the air strut control module is leaking internally? I have never seen anything like this posted before so has anyone heard of this? By the way the 2K price installed is for a used one as the new one is 4K for just the module not installation. I did some quick searching online including Flying Spares and could not even source that module. Any assistance anyone could offer would of course be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-12-2017, 04:17 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello Phobia,
All I can say is "WOW", that's a good one, go back and smack your Indy upside the head with a phonebook.... There are no air lines running to "air strut control module", AKA Suspension Control Module, nothing but wires, you can see in my attached picture said module located on the drivers side rear quarter below the quarter glass window behind the white TPMS module, the suspension CM is part#3W0907553 + the suffix letter depending on the year or revision like "A", also the $2000.00 for a used part is ludicrous, and the $4000.00 new, BS.....

Now if your Indy meant something totally different, like the air suspension air distribution valve block located under the vehicle in the spare tire circle mounted on the air suspension compressor itself, then that would make since as to a possible leak, but again the whole compressor with the VB attached is not $2000.00 used, I have that setup here in the marketplace for $850.00, but by what you stated he said, I am going with he is trying to screw you by stating that the air suspension control module is leaking air internally......

Also call your local dealer and price out a new 3W0 907 553 just for the hell of it, but don't let your Indy off the hook by giving him the info I have stated here, first make him go into detail and confirm what he has already stated, also have him tell you in detail where exactly the module he is referring to is located on the vehicle then you make the decision to ever use him again if he sticks to the BS of the air actually going into the control module by the drivers side rear seat.

And most of all, I would be checking his work on the installation of the front struts and the air lines that feed them.

Here are some used Bentley air suspension control modules at $350.00

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...07553&_sacat=0

Originally Posted by Arachnophobia
Recently I replaced both front struts on my 2007 GT. Ever since then I have had a persistent slow leak that takes about a week to a week and a half to lower the entire front end of the car. It seems to lower the front end fairly evenly. When I start the car the compressor pumps the front back up and is fine for another few weeks. I took the car back to my local independent shop that replaced the 2 front struts and they are telling me that it is my air strut control module and it is going to cost 2K to fix. They told me that the air strut control module is leaking internally? I have never seen anything like this posted before so has anyone heard of this? By the way the 2K price installed is for a used one as the new one is 4K for just the module not installation. I did some quick searching online including Flying Spares and could not even source that module. Any assistance anyone could offer would of course be greatly appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20160421_143107_resized.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	554.9 KB
ID:	479954   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160103_162051.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	3.80 MB
ID:	479955   Click image for larger version

Name:	544.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	4.26 MB
ID:	479956  

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 07-12-2017 at 04:29 PM.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:57 PM
Arachnophobia will become famous soon enoughArachnophobia will become famous soon enough
Thank you so much, I was hoping you would chime in. I was skeptical since I never heard anything like this. Thanks again, I really appreciate the insight.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.