Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

electric window

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 12:23 PM
ULSTRUP is on a distinguished road
electric window

Bl...y Hell! I'm leaving saturday morning for Denmark from South of France so I send my Car to Bentley to have it checked since I will be doing about 5000km during the next month.

good idea, indeed.

they called me this afternoon to inform me that the cable linked to the passenger window mechanism just broke. well, that was they said.

to add insult to injury this cable is not available and they don't know when it will be.

so their only solution is to ''block'' the window closed....

I can easily imagine driving at 200 km/h on a German non restricted part of the autobahn just to see the passenger window going down!! nice.
bl...y Bentley Cannes, as usual they are so imcompetent.

Old 08-03-2017, 01:21 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Hi Ulstrup.

I had the exact same problem with the drivers window after paying at the M6 toll booth. The cable broke leaving my window down with another few hundred miles to drive. What a pain that was.

I got a replacement mechanism from Flying Spares and fitted it myself.

Here is a link for you; http://www.flyingspares.com/shop/bentley-continental-gt-gtc-cgt-flying-spur-speed/gt-gtc-flying-spur-body-trim-wing-window/door-window-lift-glass/window-lifters-motors.html

Good luck with that and try to enjoy the trip.

Les.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 08-03-2017 at 12:49 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 10:48 AM
ULSTRUP is on a distinguished road
Hi Les,how's life in ''sunny'' England

thanks for the link but I know very well flying spares and I have ordered quite a few items from them.

Bentley did a decent job blocking up the window, so far.still some noise above 120km/h but acceptable.
They will, of course, never order anything from flying spares and since I have two left hands DIY is out of the question for me. so, I have to wait till september, when I come back, hoping that what they have done will hold until then.

Old 08-04-2017, 11:15 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Hi Ulstrup.

Still in the Mayenne actually, but we are wanting to sell our place and buy a small house in the village, plus a house back in the UK, in Cheshire.
We need a bolt hole here in France as my daughter will be here permanently.
So, if you know anyone who wants an 800 year old Chateau, here we are!!!

Enjoy your trip and good luck with the imbeciles at the main stealers in Cannes.

Les.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.