6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Bentley (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley-42/)
-   -   Trunk issues 08 Bentley GTC (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley/412964-trunk-issues-08-bentley-gtc.html)

Martin Perri 10-08-2017 10:03 AM

Trunk issues 08 Bentley GTC

Has anyone had a problem with the rear trunk Boot opening and slamming shut? The problem is intermittent? I just don't know where to start to trouble shoot unless this is a dealer only fix issue.
Thanks for helping out

Martin Perri 10-23-2017 12:12 PM

hoping someone out there has had any experience with this? Anyone had a problem with the rear trunk Boot opening and slamming shut? The problem is intermittent? I just don't know where to start to trouble shoot unless this is a dealer only fix issue. I followed the trunk lid reset procedure and this didn't seem to make a difference. Could this at all be related to a low Battery gremlin issue as Bentley's are plagued to have.
Thanks for helping out

PMS 10-23-2017 02:16 PM

We need more explanation of the problem. Does the trunk open from the driver's door panel switch? Does it open from the "B" emblem on the trunk? Does the soft close not work (i.e. you have to slam it to close it)? The devil is in the details. :)

Martin Perri 10-23-2017 02:36 PM

It happens when I push the B Emblem on the trunk it raises up almost full height then slams shut almost like it’s received a signal to close. The problem is intermittent everything else functions normal. The soft close is working properly and the switch inside the car opens the trunk normally as well but have not tested that switch repetitively to see if it duplicates the problem perhaps I will see if that does the same as well. Perhaps I will try that as well.

Daniel Clohessy 10-25-2017 04:24 PM

The gas support shocks may have went bad, along with a part of the opening mechanism.
I would try new shocks first, you should be able to get them outside of the dealership if you measure them properly.

Martin Perri 10-25-2017 08:17 PM

Trunk issue 08 GTC

Thanks for replying I will check into the shocks and see if this could be the culprit of the issue that I am having. Not sure what the pet mechanism is but I’m sure my mechanic will know.

Thanks

Daniel Clohessy 10-25-2017 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Martin Perri (Post 4674013)
Thanks for replying I will check into the shocks and see if this could be the culprit of the issue that I am having. Not sure what the pet mechanism is but I’m sure my mechanic will know.

Thanks

That meant to spell part, autocorrect at its finest.

Martin Perri 10-25-2017 09:40 PM

My spell check language is not up to date I should have figured that one out! I mean iut

Martin Perri 11-09-2017 08:54 AM

Replaced the Gas Support Shocks with new ones, 5 minute Job.. seems to have resolved the slamming trunk issues and the knots in my forehead! Thanks for the Advise.

hdc4 03-13-2018 02:37 AM

Hello Martin, I am also having a small problem with my trunk though different from yours. Everything operates normally, except the last inch when the thing shuts, needs to be "helped" down for the hook to grab. You mentioned a trunk lid reset procedure.. What is this?

Lars_Tempest 03-16-2018 11:40 AM

Meanwhile, over in UK there is a service campaign from Bentley to re-program the boot operation. Seems it is mainly a re-program but we hear of people getting their boot issues fixed complementary by Bentley dealers.
Not sure if the issue is only on UK cars; they hadn't heard of the campaign in Spain for example..
There is a thread on the issue on here somewhere..

briefremarks 04-27-2020 12:41 AM

I understand this is an old thread. Just discovered the trunk (boot) problem as well. When opening the trunk from either the B button on the trunk or the button on the driver side door, the trunk opens normally, but after it is fully open suddenly slams shut with full force. Will check shocks and see if it fixes the problem. Any other likely causes that anyone is aware of? This is a 2006 Flying Spur.

Martin Perri 04-27-2020 10:52 AM

mine was resolved with changing out the gas Shocks on the Trunk Lid.

AJ1 04-27-2020 04:00 PM

My dealer rectified mine under warranty with similar symptoms. They replaced the motor and the struts. Its been fine ever since.

briefremarks 05-17-2020 01:11 PM

Wanted to update everyone on this. Replaced shocks on the boot (trunk). Everything working as it should. Trunk lid opens with the B logo button, as well as using the trunk lid switch on driver door panel. Close boot button inside lid also works fine. There was no need to replace the motor.