Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Trunk issues 08 Bentley GTC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 10:03 AM
Martin Perri is an unknown quantity at this point
Trunk issues 08 Bentley GTC

Has anyone had a problem with the rear trunk Boot opening and slamming shut? The problem is intermittent? I just don't know where to start to trouble shoot unless this is a dealer only fix issue.
Thanks for helping out

Old 10-23-2017, 12:12 PM
hoping someone out there has had any experience with this? Anyone had a problem with the rear trunk Boot opening and slamming shut? The problem is intermittent? I just don't know where to start to trouble shoot unless this is a dealer only fix issue. I followed the trunk lid reset procedure and this didn't seem to make a difference. Could this at all be related to a low Battery gremlin issue as Bentley's are plagued to have.
Thanks for helping out

Old 10-23-2017, 02:16 PM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
We need more explanation of the problem. Does the trunk open from the driver's door panel switch? Does it open from the "B" emblem on the trunk? Does the soft close not work (i.e. you have to slam it to close it)? The devil is in the details.

Old 10-23-2017, 02:36 PM
It happens when I push the B Emblem on the trunk it raises up almost full height then slams shut almost like it’s received a signal to close. The problem is intermittent everything else functions normal. The soft close is working properly and the switch inside the car opens the trunk normally as well but have not tested that switch repetitively to see if it duplicates the problem perhaps I will see if that does the same as well. Perhaps I will try that as well.

Old 10-25-2017, 04:24 PM
Daniel Clohessy is an unknown quantity at this point
The gas support shocks may have went bad, along with a part of the opening mechanism.
I would try new shocks first, you should be able to get them outside of the dealership if you measure them properly.

Last edited by Daniel Clohessy; 10-25-2017 at 09:20 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:17 PM
Trunk issue 08 GTC

Thanks for replying I will check into the shocks and see if this could be the culprit of the issue that I am having. Not sure what the pet mechanism is but I’m sure my mechanic will know.

Thanks

Old 10-25-2017, 09:22 PM
Daniel Clohessy is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Martin Perri
Thanks for replying I will check into the shocks and see if this could be the culprit of the issue that I am having. Not sure what the pet mechanism is but I’m sure my mechanic will know.

Thanks
That meant to spell part, autocorrect at its finest.

Old 10-25-2017, 09:40 PM
My spell check language is not up to date I should have figured that one out! I mean iut

Old 11-09-2017, 08:54 AM
Replaced the Gas Support Shocks with new ones, 5 minute Job.. seems to have resolved the slamming trunk issues and the knots in my forehead! Thanks for the Advise.

Old 03-13-2018, 02:37 AM
hdc4 is on a distinguished road
Hello Martin, I am also having a small problem with my trunk though different from yours. Everything operates normally, except the last inch when the thing shuts, needs to be "helped" down for the hook to grab. You mentioned a trunk lid reset procedure.. What is this?

Old 03-16-2018, 11:40 AM
Lars_Tempest is on a distinguished road
Meanwhile, over in UK there is a service campaign from Bentley to re-program the boot operation. Seems it is mainly a re-program but we hear of people getting their boot issues fixed complementary by Bentley dealers.
Not sure if the issue is only on UK cars; they hadn't heard of the campaign in Spain for example..
There is a thread on the issue on here somewhere..

Old 04-27-2020, 12:41 AM
briefremarks is an unknown quantity at this point
I understand this is an old thread. Just discovered the trunk (boot) problem as well. When opening the trunk from either the B button on the trunk or the button on the driver side door, the trunk opens normally, but after it is fully open suddenly slams shut with full force. Will check shocks and see if it fixes the problem. Any other likely causes that anyone is aware of? This is a 2006 Flying Spur.

Old 04-27-2020, 10:52 AM
mine was resolved with changing out the gas Shocks on the Trunk Lid.

Old 04-27-2020, 04:00 PM
AJ1
AJ1 will become famous soon enough
My dealer rectified mine under warranty with similar symptoms. They replaced the motor and the struts. Its been fine ever since.

Old 05-17-2020, 01:11 PM
briefremarks is an unknown quantity at this point
Wanted to update everyone on this. Replaced shocks on the boot (trunk). Everything working as it should. Trunk lid opens with the B logo button, as well as using the trunk lid switch on driver door panel. Close boot button inside lid also works fine. There was no need to replace the motor.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Trunk issues 08 Bentley GTC