Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Any experience with Vivid Racing or Fabspeed Engine Tunes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 06:52 PM
sam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud of
Any experience with Vivid Racing or Fabspeed Engine Tunes?

Found a couple of kits online with pricing that seems pretty darn reasonable for the hp/tq gains.

I've gotten ridiculously cheap horsepower for my turbo Porsches, but the two below, on the surface, seem to be absolute bargains, particularly for Bentley.

https://www.vividracing.com/catalog/...150774147.html

http://www.fabspeed.com/bentley-cont...peed-ecu-tune/

I know fabspeed from them being in the exhaust business for a long time but not too familiar with Vivid.

Anyone happen to have experience with either of these guys with their ECU remaps or 'tunes'?

Hoping to find out if their maps are built by dyno time, road testing and monitoring air/fuel ratios, etc. Hoping these guys aren't the type to just crank up boost/fuel and advance timing without testing or '***** out' only mapping vs maps that are adaptive or well balanced.

Will search around and call the vendors, but hoping someone on here's got the skinny on these guys as there's so many unscrupulous tune shops.

The car, for my use, truly doesn't need any more power, but it's just so hard to resist a little extra oomph, especially knowing that 6 liters and twin turbos are hardly being taxed at stock levels.

Last edited by sam08861; 10-16-2017 at 06:58 PM.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:46 AM
pwc6t3 is on a distinguished road
I have the Vivid tune on my Panamera Turbo. They are great to work with, usually give great specials to 6speed members and the tune is awesome.
I haven't tuned my Bentley's so I can't help you there.
Paul

Old 10-20-2017, 09:07 AM
sam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud of
Thanks Paul!

How do you find the everyday driveability? Still smooth and quiet 'off pedal'?

Assuming part throttle is improved but still smooth and not 'peaky'? On my modded porsches (not vivid), I found that there's a certain point on throttle where the cars really come alive, rather than a linear transition. I like this in that I can drive normally most of the time, but the extra grunt is there and I know by feel how much extra to press the accel. Part throttle also feels much stronger as I feel like the turbo(s) boost comes in at a lower rpm/sooner but gradual and controllable.

Also, did you notice if the the overall mpg changed when driving day to day?

If these are nice smooth maps with small mileage compromise (other than when pushed) I'm going for the Vivid tune. I'l like to maintain the quiet/stately drive with a 'dark side' that's there when needed.

Old 10-20-2017, 03:51 PM
pwc6t3 is on a distinguished road
Everyday driving is pretty much normal. On the Porsche I have comfort mode, sport and sport plus. The tune basically makes comfort mode feel as responsive as old sport mode. Sport plus should be renamed awesome mode now! I didn't notice any negative affect on MPG, except I probably jump on the throttle more often now because it is so much fun. The map seems very smooth to me. I really have nothing bad to say about the tune at all.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.