6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Bentley (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley-42/)
-   -   Daylight Saving Time/Summer Time (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley/418590-daylight-saving-time-summer-time.html)

BruceR 03-13-2018 04:05 PM

Daylight Saving Time/Summer Time

I have an '09 GT with GPS and wonder if the change from/to Standard Time and DST is supposed to be automatic or what the proper way to adjust it is. The Owner's Manual is silent about this. There appears to be no setting for DST in any of the menus so the only way to make the adjustment is to either set the time forward using the knob (display shows EST +1hr) or to select, in my case, Atlantic Time. Is that it or am I missing something?

quarryman 03-17-2018 09:00 AM

Hi, I have a 2008 continental and it changed as soon as I turned the ignition on.

BruceR 03-17-2018 09:47 AM

Interesting. I wonder where the setting is for that. There must be one somewhere as DST isn't observed everywhere. Thanks for letting me know it's supposed to work.

stevenrmusic 03-18-2018 08:24 AM

It may be in vehicle settings for TIME adjust, a check box or some such for having it change to DST. The 06/07 had that adjustment, so the 09 should too within the vehicle settings or setup or ??? menu structure.

BruceR 03-18-2018 10:57 AM

That's what I thought too but there's nothing for DST in the Time Settings or anywhere else that I could find. Nothing about it in the User Manual either.

PMS 03-18-2018 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by BruceR (Post 4703872)
That's what I thought too but there's nothing for DST in the Time Settings or anywhere else that I could find. Nothing about it in the User Manual either.

On my 2005, DST is found under settings/time and is very easy to set.

BruceR 03-18-2018 02:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
These are photos of the two Time Setting screens on my '09 GT and I don't see any option for DST. Is yours on a different screen? There's no 'Time' option under settings on the steering wheel controlled screen either.

PMS 03-18-2018 03:43 PM

I may have unintentionally misled you. When I last checked the clock (when DST kicked in), I was sure the second button on the left said DST y/n. Today, I checked again and didn't see DST. I suspect I was remembering a different car that I have (a MB 350) that showed DST in the clock function.
In any event, in the Bentley, I tested again and told it to use satellite time and it put me back one hour. I then turned the large center knob and set Eastern time ahead one hour. The end result showed "Eastern Standard time (+ 60 min.)." I apologize...I'm losing my mind.:o:o:o

stevenrmusic 03-18-2018 03:47 PM

Choose USE GPS TIME, turn off dst

BruceR 03-18-2018 04:15 PM

@PMS, No problem, I lost mine a long time ago!

@stevenrmusic, Pressing the USE GPS TIME does nothing and it appears that it is using it already from the graphic showing the satellite. Seems the text should be orange if in use but the button doesn't toggle it.

stevenrmusic 03-18-2018 04:54 PM

Weird. Call dealer.

BruceR 03-18-2018 06:52 PM

When you press USE GPS TIME what happens on yours? Before I call dealer I'd like to know what should be happening. Thanks!

stevenrmusic 03-19-2018 01:19 PM

Call dealer. God known you paid enough for it, why keep waiting for info like this?