Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Daylight Saving Time/Summer Time

Old 03-13-2018, 04:05 PM
BruceR is on a distinguished road
Daylight Saving Time/Summer Time

I have an '09 GT with GPS and wonder if the change from/to Standard Time and DST is supposed to be automatic or what the proper way to adjust it is. The Owner's Manual is silent about this. There appears to be no setting for DST in any of the menus so the only way to make the adjustment is to either set the time forward using the **** (display shows EST +1hr) or to select, in my case, Atlantic Time. Is that it or am I missing something?

Last edited by BruceR; 03-15-2018 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 09:00 AM
quarryman is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi, I have a 2008 continental and it changed as soon as I turned the ignition on.

Old 03-17-2018, 09:47 AM
Interesting. I wonder where the setting is for that. There must be one somewhere as DST isn't observed everywhere. Thanks for letting me know it's supposed to work.

Old 03-18-2018, 08:24 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
It may be in vehicle settings for TIME adjust, a check box or some such for having it change to DST. The 06/07 had that adjustment, so the 09 should too within the vehicle settings or setup or ??? menu structure.

Old 03-18-2018, 10:57 AM
That's what I thought too but there's nothing for DST in the Time Settings or anywhere else that I could find. Nothing about it in the User Manual either.

Old 03-18-2018, 12:33 PM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BruceR
That's what I thought too but there's nothing for DST in the Time Settings or anywhere else that I could find. Nothing about it in the User Manual either.
On my 2005, DST is found under settings/time and is very easy to set.

Old 03-18-2018, 02:09 PM
These are photos of the two Time Setting screens on my '09 GT and I don't see any option for DST. Is yours on a different screen? There's no 'Time' option under settings on the steering wheel controlled screen either.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20180318_155859.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	522530   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180318_155909.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	522531  
Old 03-18-2018, 03:43 PM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
I may have unintentionally misled you. When I last checked the clock (when DST kicked in), I was sure the second button on the left said DST y/n. Today, I checked again and didn't see DST. I suspect I was remembering a different car that I have (a MB 350) that showed DST in the clock function.
In any event, in the Bentley, I tested again and told it to use satellite time and it put me back one hour. I then turned the large center **** and set Eastern time ahead one hour. The end result showed "Eastern Standard time (+ 60 min.)." I apologize...I'm losing my mind.

Old 03-18-2018, 03:47 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Choose USE GPS TIME, turn off dst

Old 03-18-2018, 04:15 PM
@PMS, No problem, I lost mine a long time ago!

@stevenrmusic, Pressing the USE GPS TIME does nothing and it appears that it is using it already from the graphic showing the satellite. Seems the text should be orange if in use but the button doesn't toggle it.

Old 03-18-2018, 04:54 PM
Weird. Call dealer.

Old 03-18-2018, 06:52 PM
When you press USE GPS TIME what happens on yours? Before I call dealer I'd like to know what should be happening. Thanks!

Old 03-19-2018, 01:19 PM
Call dealer. God known you paid enough for it, why keep waiting for info like this?