Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2 different dealers, 2 different quotes.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 02:51 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
2 different dealers, 2 different quotes.

My rear window has a nice crack in it on my 06 GT and I was going to try to replace it myself. Only seen 1 for sale on the net for $2100 used. I called my agent and she said it wouldn't count against me, just call the claims number.

Dealer 1 wants $3100 for the glass and said I don't need anything else with it. Gave me the number to the place they use and they told me $350 to install.

Dealer 2 wants $2800 for the glas BUT said I also would need the 3rd brake light, which is $500+ from them and a few rubber gaskets at $50 each. They had to call to get the labor quote which they will have tomorrow.

Now the insurance company and I are confused on which one is in the right. They don't want to pay for stuff they don't need to pay for and they don't want to get it in and be told oh now you also need this and this. Both are Bentley dealerships.

So for those who has replaced the rear glass for whatever reason, what all did it take for you?

Old 05-15-2018, 09:19 AM
mjorgensen is an unknown quantity at this point
Glass as far as I have seen is not normally an in stock item, each store may charge different based on what shipping from the UK cost them that could be the difference. The labor shop to shop may be the same time, but shops all have their own hourly rate should not be all that much difference though if both are local to you. Shop #2 is likely planning ahead for seal damage and would rather you have the whole possible quote rather than calling back with add-ons, that is a good way to do it if they are not just upselling in needed parts.

Old 05-16-2018, 10:24 AM
WelshBentleyBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
In the Uk many insurers do not cover glass replacement. Those that do usually charge an excess of £50 without losing a no claims discount. When I needed a new replacement windscreen for my Arnage the glass fitters had to buy one in from Bentley at £2200. Fitting was also costly and complex! Fit it yourself? Unless this is your profession I would l leave it to the experts.