Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2005 bentley continental exterior mirror

Old 10-16-2018, 11:09 PM
deepen is an unknown quantity at this point
2005 bentley continental exterior mirror

Recently whilst reversing down my driveway, I caught the right rear vision mirror on a tree and twisted the housing 90 degrees anticlockwise. Can anyone please tell me:
a) how to return the mirror assembly to its correct position, or
b) how to separate the assembly which holds the mirror from the foot which attaches to the door?.

Old 11-16-2018, 04:02 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
one time deal...

Hello Don,
I am sorry to report that after just spending about an hour trying to get this thing apart, I believe it is as you found, it's a one time deal, you will not get this apart, I took some pictures to show all the screws that hold the foot trim cover on, screws that hold the tilt up/down - turn left/right mirror motor on, screw for the lighting, screws that hold the framing to the outer shell, on so on... but as my left side housing was cracked, I cut it off, I can still not get the foot and the framing separated, that spring is on tight with it's retainer ring, and corroded in place....
The good news is that I have a right side mirror to sell, it is black, I will ship internationally .

Johnny

Originally Posted by deepen
Recently whilst reversing down my driveway, I caught the right rear vision mirror on a tree and twisted the housing 90 degrees anticlockwise. Can anyone please tell me:
a) how to return the mirror assembly to its correct position, or
b) how to separate the assembly which holds the mirror from the foot which attaches to the door?.

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 11-16-2018 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Add pictures