Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2006 Continental scuffle panel/cowl removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 07:54 PM
Mishanya is an unknown quantity at this point
2006 Continental scuffle panel/cowl removal

Hi everyone! New to the forum.
Could you, please, give some instructions on how to remove scuffle panel/cowl in order to clean under it (leaves etc) on my 2006 Continental?
Thanks very much!

Old 11-30-2018, 01:08 AM
John Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond repute
Sit in the car turn on the ignition and go into the screen and place the wipers in “ service “ mode .
Turn it off ,
With a socket remove the wiper bolt and carefully wiggle the whole wiper blade off .Before this with a bit of tape mark the position on the screen to aid reassembly ,

once the wipers are off theres a coulple of small self tapper screws at the far corners holding the edges , they need loosening .Then twist the lock/ catches open and lift off the panal,

I use an adapter on the end of the Hoover ,down to 15 mm curved copper pipe about 12 inches long to poke about in places too small for my hand .The key place is under the middle heating / ventilation intake situated in the middle .
Thats where the drains are .
Normally in other cars drains are near / under the hood hinges at the corners , not so with early Bentley GT ,s hence the issues of potentially wet wiring looms.

I also made a custom plastic cover for the various wire/ plugs that sit on top of the fuse box to protect from water .
That box is tucked under the scuttle on the passenger side ,the wiring looks vulnerable as it is so mines now protected from water drips .Theres a lot of sensitive connections there .They look like sitting ducks for water ingress .

When you have finished with that end, “ do “ the other end ,
With some strimmer line poke out the corner of the fuel filler to unblock that .
Poke up the two drains under the trunk rear edge .These two start from under the rear spoiler .Lift the spoiler and try and poke the drains or blast air from the gutter that the spoiler sits in .Test patency with a cup of water etc .

Theres a couple of air con drains accessed from inside the car .
Theses are either side of the centre console behind the carpet and sound proofing rubber elbows that you can pull off and poke a pipe cleaner up .
#hit accumulation happens in the condensation pan under the HVAC system .If that happens water gets unto places it shouldn’t like the 2nd fuse / relay box under the passenger foot well .In this box is the KESSY system .
If the stater motor won,t turn off ( damp box in the foorweel ) then it’s an engine out jobbie for a new stater motor .

All just regular preventive maintenance.These cars are not park and forget , they are hands on .

More here with pics

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ter-drain.html

Last edited by John Fiammetta; 11-30-2018 at 01:29 AM.
Old 11-30-2018, 03:33 AM
I greatly appreciate it!

Old 12-08-2018, 08:14 PM
Found a couple of items on Amazon.
Helped me great deal to clean.

Amazon Amazon

Amazon Amazon

Old 12-13-2018, 08:33 AM
onetimeonly is an unknown quantity at this point
it says I need to have 5 posts in order to access the sites features. and I need to send a private message to someone.