Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

PDC fuse??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 02:09 PM
Yoghurtshotgun will become famous soon enough
PDC fuse??

Does anyone know if the front parking sensors and rear have separate fuses I've seen to lost all power to the front ones .I only have a basic diagnosis machine that has served me well up to now but I don't have one to activate sensors individually but it looks that the front system has lost power .if there is a fuse could anyone point me in the right direction thanks

Old 02-05-2019, 04:37 PM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Yoghurtshotgun
Does anyone know if the front parking sensors and rear have separate fuses I've seen to lost all power to the front ones .I only have a basic diagnosis machine that has served me well up to now but I don't have one to activate sensors individually but it looks that the front system has lost power .if there is a fuse could anyone point me in the right direction thanks
Bentley uses a parking distance control module that controls both front and rear sensors. Not sure what year you are, but I believe the system is the same 2004 through 2012. The control module is located in the rear and the line side to the module is fused with a 5a, position 12 in the trunk fuse block next to the big battery. The module is running on the low speed bus. It receives a signal from the trans control module. Front sensors activate in D or S; rear sensors activate in R. The entire module is deactivated/reactivated with the PDC switch, and always reactivates (resets to on) at ignition on.

04 to 06 have the PDC module under the package tray accessed from the trunk. If you're 07 up, the module moved to behind the right rear door panel.

If you want to try a rudimentary test, and I'm not really sure it will prove anything, turn the HL switch on to the second pos, or parking lights pos. Do you have front (oval) side marker lights illuminated? If not, then you might possibly have a front harness issue as those side markers terminate on the same main harness as the front sensors. If they do come on, then you're nowhere again as those lights are obviously receiving power separate of the sensors.

Last edited by BWings; 02-05-2019 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:19 AM
Originally Posted by BWings
Bentley uses a parking distance control module that controls both front and rear sensors. Not sure what year you are, but I believe the system is the same 2004 through 2012. The control module is located in the rear and the line side to the module is fused with a 5a, position 12 in the trunk fuse block next to the big battery. The module is running on the low speed bus. It receives a signal from the trans control module. Front sensors activate in D or S; rear sensors activate in R. The entire module is deactivated/reactivated with the PDC switch, and always reactivates (resets to on) at ignition on.

04 to 06 have the PDC module under the package tray accessed from the trunk. If you're 07 up, the module moved to behind the right rear door panel.

If you want to try a rudimentary test, and I'm not really sure it will prove anything, turn the HL switch on to the second pos, or parking lights pos. Do you have front (oval) side marker lights illuminated? If not, then you might possibly have a front harness issue as those side markers terminate on the same main harness as the front sensors. If they do come on, then you're nowhere again as those lights are obviously receiving power separate of the sensors.
Thanjs bwing I will check fuse.the side lights are working and that was a worry that the harness from the front was knackered but I will check fuse in the back then look at the control module thanks

Old 02-06-2019, 08:01 AM

What is missing where the white sticky tape is ? Is that where the control module for the parking sensors go?

Old 02-06-2019, 08:11 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Don't know about the open space, but the unit with the red and yellow connects is the PDCM. Here is a pic of one out of the car:

Old 02-06-2019, 08:51 AM
Don't know about the open space, but the unit with the red and yellow connects is the PDCM. Here is a pic of one out of the car:

Thanks mate found that one.i think I'll try and get the diagnostic on it in work and check each sensor it had a slow speed bump on the left I bought one sensor that was broken but maybe a few more have gone down .