Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley FS body vibrations on acceleration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 10:38 PM
BentleyF will become famous soon enough
update fixed smooth and seems faster as well. I need sway bar links will do those next. btw Va beach VA

Old 03-16-2019, 10:46 PM
Bentley45 is on a distinguished road
Hey BenteyF what did you do to fix vibrations what parts did you change so far? How much? Who did repairs?

Old 03-17-2019, 08:13 PM
BentleyF will become famous soon enough
Just Both axles. And local shop in norfolk.labor was $500.( I also did upper control arms) I can save you alot of Money with your car repairs. This is my second spur so I know most of the issues and how to resolve inexpensive. send me a DM for more info.

Old 03-18-2019, 04:49 PM
Ok great I’m getting my lower forward control arms done now should be finished tomorrow morning I will update you later.

Old 03-20-2019, 02:33 PM
Update!!!! After following the dealers diagnosis to change lower forward control arms & sway bar links, my car still has the same vibration. At 2000 RPM’s whether I’m driving or in park. I’m thinking engine mounts but my car isn’t giving me any codes (VAG) saying my mounts are bad???? Any other advice????

Last edited by Bentley45; 03-21-2019 at 09:06 PM.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:45 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bentley45
Update!!!! After following the dealers diagnosis to change lower forward control arms & sway bar links, my car still has the same vibration. At 2000 RPM’s whether I’m driving or in park. I’m thinking engine mounts but my car isn’t giving me any codes (VAG) saying my mounts are bad???? And advice????
See my post in you other thread, I wish you would have mentioned the vibration was there even in "PARK" before you did your front end work.

Old 03-26-2019, 04:56 PM
Update all fixed

I needed 2 motor mounts and 2 transmission mounts to stop my car from vibrating on acceleration. Now my car is running perfectly smooth on acceleration the
cost, $1471 parts $1180 labor, express shipping $110, tax $77.98, $3.25 hazmat, total $2843.16. I want to thank everyone for your input and suggestions. Also The motor mounts on the 07 and above will not give you any warning light or fluid leak so the visual test will not help you.

Old mounts.

New mounts on left old on right look at the height difference all rubber inside smashed.

Left new transmission mount right old transmission mount.

Last edited by Bentley45; 03-28-2019 at 12:32 AM.
Old 01-05-2020, 02:52 PM
Registered PM
Martin Cassidy is an unknown quantity at this point
Tapping noise.

I have 133,000 on my Flying Spur speed I replaced both front axle and still have vibrations. Ive got and appointment with Bentley on Tuesday March 5th. I’m thinking it might be my drive shaft as the vibrations move front to back to back to front I hear and feel tapping noise in my gear shifter ****.

Hello. I am having a high pitched vibration noise coming through my gearbox shifter. Could you please tell me what kind of noise vibration you were having. Also if possible could you please give me the part numbers for the replaced control arms. I cant indentify the upper lower control arm from your picture. The vibration is driving me mad. Thank you.

Old 01-05-2020, 02:53 PM
Registered PM
Martin Cassidy is an unknown quantity at this point
Tapping noise.

I have 133,000 on my Flying Spur speed I replaced both front axle and still have vibrations. Ive got and appointment with Bentley on Tuesday March 5th. I’m thinking it might be my drive shaft as the vibrations move front to back to back to front I hear and feel tapping noise in my gear shifter ****.

Hello. I am having a high pitched vibration noise coming through my gearbox shifter. Could you please tell me what kind of noise vibration you were having. Also if possible could you please give me the part numbers for the replaced control arms. I cant indentify the upper lower control arm from your picture. The vibration is driving me mad. Thank you.

Old 01-19-2020, 10:22 AM
blue_racing is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you have to drop subframe about 1 and half inch to remove This Bolt

do you lower subframe to remove this bolt?

Old 01-19-2020, 11:55 AM
Yes you must remove the subframe because the bolt comes out in the front direction. So I’m order to get it out the subframe must come down.

Old 01-19-2020, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by blue_racing

do you lower subframe to remove this bolt?
Yes you must remove the subframe because the bolt comes out in the front direction. So I’m order to get it out the subframe must come down.

Can you just just drop it enough to get bolt out and not remove subframe also if lowering subframe does this affect anything else thanks nick

Old 01-19-2020, 12:15 PM
Also seen some where on here I think saying to cut head off bolt push through other way and fit new bolt other way round to make easier to change arm in future sounds to be an easier option than dropping the subframe ?

Old 01-19-2020, 12:36 PM
You just have to lower it just a little to remove the bolt.

Old 01-19-2020, 12:42 PM
Thanks and this doesn’t affect any pipes or wiring above don’t want to create any leaks or pull anything apart from above as would be a pain to fix thanks again nick

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bentley FS body vibrations on acceleration