Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

big acceleration problem Continental GT 2005

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 03:31 PM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
Unless you like to buy parts and maybe get lucky and fix it. Start at the first point. Troubleshooting requires a process. No one is going to go oh I had that problem and all you need to do is buy this little part .Transmission control modules are known to be problematic not only on Bentley and Volkswagens but Mercedes Benz.

The trouble code presented on vcds is the reason this assessment. This is not to say that the module is the problem but if you don't check it and it is you'll spend a lot of time and money.

Don't overthink it, troubleshoot it. Only replace parts when confirmed they're bad. Theoretical repairs are expensive.

Regrettably Bentley service repair staff don't always abide by the above.

Old 03-23-2019, 04:01 PM
yanacha is on a distinguished road
so at first you advise me to disconnect the 1 round plug on the box transmution and cleaned with electric grease.
the change of my MAF is due to the same problem as well as the pumps of fuel.

Old 03-23-2019, 04:16 PM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
Yes that's where you want to start, because of a possibility of corrosion on the plug in. Only apply Dielectric grease to the plug connection.

Old 03-23-2019, 04:20 PM
thank you so much
access is easy to this socket?

Old 03-23-2019, 04:29 PM
Not too bad a project. Access to a lift is better than jacking the car up and lying on your back.

. FOOD FOR THOUGHT

To further the discussion I am not suggesting this is the case here. There is a printed circuit board, I believe not positive inside the transmission housing that goes bad. If my memory serves me correct Bentley service has sold owners a new transmission when only that component needed to be replaced. This is absolutely the case with certain Mercedes-Benz transmissions. I'm only putting this thought out there if this bridge needs to be crossed.

Old 03-24-2019, 11:02 AM
Vous poverais me respoder en Francais si t'il est plus facil ou efficace ? Enfain, je vous respoderais en Anglais, pour que des autres suivre des threads.

Eric

Old 03-25-2019, 06:21 AM
Bentley changeait la transmission pour une prise oxydée????

Old 03-25-2019, 06:27 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yanacha
Bentley changeait la transmission pour une prise oxydée????
Translation = "Bentley was changing the transmission for an oxidized grip ????"

Please clarify.

Old 03-25-2019, 06:56 AM
Bentley changed the transmission for a socket oxidised ?

Old 03-25-2019, 07:03 AM
The Bentley dealer is going to change the plug due to oxidation. The question is will it fix it.

Old 03-25-2019, 07:04 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Messieurs, je dois respectueusement déposer le thread à ce stade parce que je ne suis pas couramment le Français

Old 03-25-2019, 12:01 PM
This is the power outlet we are talking about.
It seems to be that.
The car works better without the default code.

merci beaucoup

Old 03-25-2019, 12:23 PM
Je suis heureux pour vous.

De rien.

La France ou Canada me manque .

Translstion:

I am happy for you.
You're welcomed it was nothing.
I miss France or Canada.

Old 03-25-2019, 12:35 PM

au circuit des 24h du mans

Old 03-25-2019, 03:22 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
That plug and socket look clean as it could be, so please explain what you mean by "works better without the default code", what code are you referring to ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: big acceleration problem Continental GT 2005