Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Update on $7,000 GT stereo upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 01:37 PM
Gone, But Not Forgotten.
British has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud of
They didn't use the crossovers at all. In fact, he said that the factory amp wouldn't be powerful enough to enjoy if he used the crossovers, he said a 30% power loss, who knows if he's correct. He just popped the wires off the lame Bentley speakers and put the new speakers in and hooked everything up to the main power am. The Ben Hur retained the EQ settings from the original infotainment center, I just leave it on "flat" and use the Alpine EQ to fade a bit from the front to rear, I also like the "hip hop" EQ on the Alpine for some bass punch.

Really, it's simple, pop out the panels, install the Ben Hur with the stereo, run a cable to the backup camera, everything is plug and play. Then take off the doors and change out the speakers. If you're going with the Focals, you may not need a sub-woofer I am still surprised by this.

Old 05-24-2019, 01:47 PM
Rico.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by British
They didn't use the crossovers at all. In fact, he said that the factory amp wouldn't be powerful enough to enjoy if he used the crossovers, he said a 30% power loss, who knows if he's correct. He just popped the wires off the lame Bentley speakers and put the new speakers in and hooked everything up to the main power am. The Ben Hur retained the EQ settings from the original infotainment center, I just leave it on "flat" and use the Alpine EQ to fade a bit from the front to rear, I also like the "hip hop" EQ on the Alpine for some bass punch.

Really, it's simple, pop out the panels, install the Ben Hur with the stereo, run a cable to the backup camera, everything is plug and play. Then take off the doors and change out the speakers. If you're going with the Focals, you may not need a sub-woofer I am still surprised by this.
Hi British ... The Ben-Hur unit only uses 1 channel and the stock amp has crossovers built into it. This is why I'am changing the stock amp to after market and run the 2 RCA's back to the boot to achieve the proper left and right and front and rear. Yah the stock amp is a fantastic amp for what it dose and gives out a good punch, as I mentioned the BenHur system doesn't have input for 2 RCA's. its a mono system ...

Old 06-03-2020, 11:11 PM
Iain 1250 has much to be proud ofIain 1250 has much to be proud ofIain 1250 has much to be proud ofIain 1250 has much to be proud ofIain 1250 has much to be proud ofIain 1250 has much to be proud ofIain 1250 has much to be proud ofIain 1250 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Rico.Adams
Hi British ... The Ben-Hur unit only uses 1 channel and the stock amp has crossovers built into it. This is why I'am changing the stock amp to after market and run the 2 RCA's back to the boot to achieve the proper left and right and front and rear. Yah the stock amp is a fantastic amp for what it dose and gives out a good punch, as I mentioned the BenHur system doesn't have input for 2 RCA's. its a mono system ...
On my BenHur there is two RCA inputs ( L+R) so is stereo as you can see in this photo. I set it up to work of the front speakers from the head unit. I also ran a pair of RCAs back for a future subwoofer.