Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

2018 Bentley GT tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 08:31 PM
Kmaaq is an unknown quantity at this point
2018 Bentley GT tires

Hi all, first time posting here.

So I have the new facelifted Bentley GT and all the things I don’t like about it seem to come back to the tires. First of all let me clarify that I bought the car 100% for the luxury side and not the sporty side, I have other proper cars for that. The car has Pirelli P Zeroes on the 22” wheels.

My first problem with it is that the ride is too bouncy and at the same time the car transfers bumps and imperfections in the road way too much for a luxury GT.

The second problem is that the road and wind noises are just too high. Everything else in the car is dead silent otherwise. I’m not kidding when I say too high because it’s to the point where holding a conversation is difficult. I even noticed this on other Bentley GTs I’ve test driven so it’s not specific to me.

Now all of these problems seem solvable to me with a simple tire change. And I’ve never like P zeroes anyways. Can you recommend me the best tires for comfort, quietness, and ride quality? Again, I’m not concerned with the handling and grip in this car as much as the qualities I just mentioned.

Do you even agree that that the tires are the solution? Or would downsizing to the 21” wheels aid in solving these problems? Or is it just an inherent design flaw?

While we’re at it, what would you think of swapping it with the Cullinan, is it an improvement in terms of comfort? I do actually prefer the new GT’s interior and infotainment over the Cullinan’s.

Old 06-11-2020, 08:47 PM
Iain 1250 has much to be proud ofIain 1250 has much to be proud ofIain 1250 has much to be proud ofIain 1250 has much to be proud ofIain 1250 has much to be proud ofIain 1250 has much to be proud ofIain 1250 has much to be proud ofIain 1250 has much to be proud of
Not sure what your benchmark for quiet is, my Bentley GT is the quietest car I have ever owned. I changed the tyres from Pirellis to Michelin Pilot Sport 4S and that make it a bit quieter. Ride wise, I have 20" wheels with 40 profile tyres, and it has a pretty good ride.

Old 06-12-2020, 06:06 AM
John Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond repute
Drop down to 19 inch 275/40/19 rims on PSP s

Although my P zeros as above are fine and the car fits the requirements you described.
I run a classic Ferrari for sporty kicks , pulling G s on bends etc .
Bentley Is for ( clue in the name ...funny that ! ) Continental grand touring.
More interested in the double glazing , seat massage and near silent ride and effortless power + large trunk etc .

Old 06-13-2020, 04:55 PM
AJ1
AJ1 will become famous soon enough
What does your dealer suggest (as you're still within warranty). If holding a conversation is a problem while driving, then surely thats not just simply down to the factory fitted tyres. What other cars are you, or have you been using, as the cabin noise is comparable.

Old 06-13-2020, 04:58 PM
MBi
MBi is an unknown quantity at this point
If you want plush and silence definitely the Cullinan. Also do you have the V8 of W12? I don't have any seat time in the new GT only the last Gen 13 Speed Coupe and 16 GTC V8S. The downsizing of tires helps with noise and comfort going from 21 to 20s. The new GT starts at 21's which you can get a set off eBay last I saw around 3K. The new model I don't know the pattern for the wheels so I can't speak to compatibility but it may match some Audi/ Porsche models I would assume as it's based on the Panamera. A 20 inch PS4S would be the best option 19s are a bit small. Going from Pirelli to Michelin made a improvement on all vehicle not just Bentley but Maserati and Ferrari in my experience which had stock Pirelli tires. You can get a heavily discounted leftover Ghost if you like too but the Cullinan has the newest tech. The Cullinan is not on the level of plush and quiet as the Phantom I was told but it would be more than Bentley.