Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Vacume leak info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2021, 08:22 AM
Doshhirao is an unknown quantity at this point
Johnny can you please tell me how to upload. I tried on my iPad but no joy. Thanks Dosh

Old 02-05-2021, 08:30 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Doshhirao
Johnny can you please tell me how to upload. I tried on my iPad but no joy. Thanks Dosh
Hello Dosh,
Sorry, I should have stated what I do to upload a video here on 6Speed, I upload it to YouTube, then copy the "share" link and paste it here on 6Speed.

Johnny

Old 02-05-2021, 11:24 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Ok @Doshhirao ,
Here is your video.

I am wondering if it could be one of the two secondary air injector motors, or a loose SAI line to combo valve, as it is not heard at first, but then builds to a screaming sound, just to think of other issues, is the HVAC blower shut off, or HVAC recirculation flap open or closed, it almost like the HVAC is set for fresh air but the flap under hood center of the windshield is closed and sucking for air.

Anything else you can tell us will help, like, how long does it last, if it is gone in say 2+ minutes, I say secondary air injection would be the first to look at, if longer or constant, look at the serpentine belt's idler pulleys.

Johnny

Old 02-05-2021, 11:37 AM
Hvac is on with the recirc open. I get that whistling for about 5 sec after start then it goes away. I was thinking it was the the injector motors as my Maserati does something similar on cold starts. I’ll keep posted to see if it does the same after it has been warmed up and restart. Thanks again

Old 02-05-2021, 11:39 AM
silvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud of
Never great to be diagnosing car sounds over the internet, but it sounds an awful lot like this

Old 02-05-2021, 12:00 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by silvertonesx24
Never great to be diagnosing car sounds over the internet, but it sounds an awful lot like this
Hello @silvertonesx24 ,
The only problem is that the video you shared is a 4.0 V8 TT, Dosh has issue with his 6.0 W12 TT, and the W12 does not have the PCV box that the Wizard is speaking of on the V8 TT, we do have an oil vapor separator funnel on each side of the W12's, but I have not seen any type of diaphragm like a PCV would have.

Let's see what happens when Dosh pulls his dipstick or removes the oil filler cap.

Johnny

Old 02-05-2021, 01:22 PM
No changes when dip stick pulled. The whistle sound starts about 2 sec after engine start and lasts 3 sec. as soon as the engine goes into normal idle after startup the whistle noise stops. So as Johnny suspected I think it is the air injectors at startup

Old 02-07-2021, 08:23 AM
silvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud of
I have a question regarding testing @Johnny Hotspur GT

The Youtube videos say plug the turbos with tennis *****, but is it easier to disconnect and plug the vacuum system from the engine as per the service manual? Looks to me like this way, I don't have to remove the airboxes.

Name:  BnOv5W8.png
Views: 84
Size:  47.8 KB

Old 02-07-2021, 09:31 AM
British, sorry for the delay in responding to your qp question. The spur is so different in so many was to the Maserati qp gts I have. In my middle age, it’s not so much how fast I can get to point a-b. The qp gts had a fixed bilstien sport suspension so you feel every little bump and crack in the pavement. I’ve keep this car pretty immaculate but it is 11 years old and it has it share of creaks and noises. It took a while to clean the dreaded sticky buttons and plastic that affect all Maserati and Ferrari. The only think that makes me enjoy this qp is the NA Ferrari derived V8, you can’t beat the sound. The Maserati is a lot more responsive than the spur in every way. The spur is just faster top end. I can’t confirm nor deny but I’ve had qp to 155 the spur 165 and it had more in the tank. The Bentley is just stately, quiet and elegant in all ways. The interior is hands down better than the qp no questions asked. It’s just 2 totally different cars. I prob will keep both for a while, I get to have the best of both worlds carrying family and friends. It’s just do we go in total luxury or do we take a screaming temperamental Italian

Old 02-07-2021, 09:47 AM
Administrator
Hello @silvertonesx24 ,
I am guessing that illustration you posted is of the vacuum circuit under the B cover at the rear of the intake manifold, as my video above is about the routing of the vacuum lines at firewall, and the Leak Testing video is Jason Giannetti's, and therefore I personally have never tested for vacuum leaks, I am only doing preventative work on my rebuild, I can not answer your question.

What I will add though, I think I would rather pull the air boxes instead of risking breaking or cracking any of the plastic vacuum fittings under the "B" cover.

Johnny