Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

suspension ECU interchangeable

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2023, 04:22 PM
Harald23 is an unknown quantity at this point
suspension ECU interchangeable

Hallo , My Name is Harald i am new to this Forum . I am in Germany. I now bought a 2011 GTC Supersports with a Waterdamage ( Naples , last year ) and now i am restoring it .
Almost all ECU are bad and i try to get as much as possible used .
I can buy a ECU for the Airsuspension , original in the Car is xxx 553 D , can i use a XXX553 H . That seems to be from a newer Car .
Does anybody tried this or have experienced something similar ?
Thank you : Harald

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 01-17-2023 at 11:49 PM.
Old 01-17-2023, 10:31 PM
BruceR is on a distinguished road
Welcome Harald! I'm not the one to answer your question but I'm sure someone will be along soon to help. My 09 GT was also flooded in Naples from Ian! We had 27" (about 67cm) in our garage and the insurance company called it a total loss and paid me. I replaced it with the one in my photo. It surprises me to hear one ended up in Germany! FYI, the water that flooded Naples was salt water from the ocean so pay particular attention to corrosion - particularly all the connectors. Also, be wary of mold! It took two weeks before the trucks came to take the cars from our garage by which time the interior was covered with white furry mold and the carpets covered in black mold. The combination of contaminated moisture and hot humid weather was not kind to the cars. Hopefully yours is in better shape!

Old 01-18-2023, 01:29 AM
Thank you .
I am afraid it is/was in about the same shape as yours . My Friend bought it for me in West Palm ,he told me that it was in Fresh water ,maybe a mix . I had a few Porsches before with Waterdamage so i took the chance , thinking if it is to bad i can Part it out ,Body was perfect , Carbonbrakes , Cabriotop very good . Car has a very nice Colorcombo ,white with red Top/interieur and its a Supersports and has 11Tmls. . It would be a shame to part it out so i give it a Try .
I took it apart , flooded it with a Steam pressure washer and put it for Drying in a Paintbox ,heated it up to about 140" for 2 Hours ,let it sit over the weekend and heat it for another Hour .
The Interieur turned out good ,we tried a lot of different Procedures and Fluids ,Vinegar works very good ,so does Orangecleaner . A biigger Problem is the ECUs ,in a Porsche i know what is interchanging here i know nothing .
I bought a original Repairmanual and a VAS Tester ,lets see . Here are some Pictures . If somebody knows the Car ,i would like to contact the original Owner as i dont have the Books . Harald

Last edited by Harald23; 01-18-2023 at 01:31 AM.
Old 01-18-2023, 01:36 AM
one at the Port in Hamburg , when i picked it up .

Old 01-18-2023, 09:58 AM
Well you certainly look well equipped for the task ahead and that's a very nice collection! If you don't mind, I'm curious as to what you paid before delivery. My '09 coupe with 27K miles was valued at $43K but thankfully I had paid a small additional premium for an "agreed value" of $80K which I received promptly. I think you might find Johnny's thread at https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-pictures.html very informative and he is wealth of info. Sorry I don't know whose car that is... there are a lot of them in Naples!

Old 01-18-2023, 10:23 AM
At the Auction i paid 29 K incl. all Fees . BUT if you ship to Europe you pay transport ,2 k , 10% Tax ,3100 and VAT 19% about 6500 , So all together i have about 38 K in it . If i can get it fixed for 25-25 K ( in Parts ) i am Happy .
I am very well equipped and in the Porsche Biz over 35 Years , i had bought, repaired and sold over 1000 Porsche 964/993 and have 10 People working .
But a Bentley is new to me , taking it apart and back together is not a Problem . Parts ,what can you use and what you cant use , is a task since nobody really seems to know . This is much more a Computertask and absolute not my Playground .
Harald

Old 01-18-2023, 01:37 PM
Pretty much every insurance company here used a company called Copart to collect the cars from people's garages. In SW FL they picked up over 40,000 cars with flatbed trucks and sent them to some fields about 90 minutes north of here. It was quite a sight and took about a month to get them all. They subcontracted every tow operator they could find who was willing to come here with a truck a get the job done. In removing the Bentley from my garage they damaged the precast trim around the opening to the tune of $1800 which they paid for without argument when I submitted photos and a bill.
Since I back into my garage and there was no way to get it out of Park, they just dragged it out as pictured below. Please keep us updated on your progress. The thread I mentioned earlier has been great to watch as Johnny rebuilt his from the ground up.

Waterline was above the headlights.