Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Screen Only Has Logo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2023, 03:19 PM
eLoP is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello,

maybe you can help me out with the WT10340 if you get it.
i can't send you a pm.

for instllation you need to get special menü

press all three buttons at same time. CD OUT + Voice+Car when you get in to the car and the navi will beginning start up, dont wait to long.

Old 08-15-2023, 08:07 AM
robob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud of
I believe I read in the manual that an update should start automatically when the disk is inserted. Since my infotainment system is unresponsive I would doubt that I can get to any menu.

Thanks for your input,
Robert

Old 08-16-2023, 02:24 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello @robob ,
The WT10340 has come in, I will pick it up tomorrow, and I will go to the post office tomorrow if I get out of the meetings on time, otherwise I will mail it Friday morning.
If you could pm me you phone number, that would be great.

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 08-16-2023 at 05:44 PM.
Old 08-16-2023, 05:42 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello @eLoP ,
Welcome to 6speedonline !

As to the WT10340, that disc is for the North America region, and by your profile info, you are in Germany, therefore you would need WT10341, that is if your vehicle and VIN, or RNS-MID HW/SW numbers fall into the proper range as shown in post number 33.

As to the three button special menu screenshot picture you posted showing the Eject, Voice, and Car all being pressed at the same time, please post that video, as I have not seen that procedure, and it looks just like the video I posted in post number 5, whereas one would press the "<" and ">" along with the "Voice" button at the same time to reboot the system.

To view the special menu as per the Bentley instructions shown, I posted that information in post number 33, just press and hold only the "CAR" button for so many seconds to get to the special menu showing the part number, HW and SW versions, to start the SW update, the Bentley instructions show the unit in the normal operating ("BBC R2 radio") screen with the ignition off while inserting the update disc, if you have Bentley instructions or others to show otherwise, please share.

Thank you,
Johnny

Originally Posted by eLoP
Hello,

maybe you can help me out with the WT10340 if you get it.
i can't send you a pm.

for instllation you need to get special menü

press all three buttons at same time. CD OUT + Voice+Car when you get in to the car and the navi will beginning start up, dont wait to long.

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 08-17-2023 at 04:38 AM.
Old 08-17-2023, 08:01 AM
robob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud of
Well Surprise,

The three button press does give me an error about the system can't start and tells me to insert a SW updated disk or something to that effect.

Johnny, PM sent.

Thanks for that,
Robert

Old 08-22-2023, 03:38 PM
Administrator
Hello @robob ,
Sorry for my lack of response, very busy with meetings and such, I now have the disc in hand, and I will be heading to the post office by 5 today.

I had a Tesla take out one of my Pylon Signs recently, dealing with insurance company, Adjusters, Police, Tenants, Sign Company, is time consuming, thankfully it didn't burn on my brand new pavement...
He walked away uninjured !

Johnny

Edit: I guess I forgot to press the submit button.
It was a pleasure speaking with you, I have now left the post office, and the package is on its way, I sent both the RNS restore disc, as well as my 2015 navi disk for your Generation GT if needed after using the restore disc, as it is said that the restore disc may remove all navi and saved music from the RNS-MID HDD, so back up your music if you have any on there.

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 08-28-2023 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-23-2023, 08:58 AM
Oh man, that sucks about the sign. I wish you well with the insurance company.

I enjoyed the chat as well.

I really appreciate all the help:-)

Old 08-28-2023, 02:03 PM
Hey Folks,

So no luck. Tried both discs many ways. On the SW update one, I get:

Anybody have another idea before I let a dealer take advantage of me?

Y'all take care,
Robert

Old 08-28-2023, 02:48 PM
Administrator
@robob ,
Well, that is very disappointing...

I will continue to investigate further with Bentley, maybe even placing a call to Crewe headquarters.

I will see what I can find, as we know, you are not the only one with a 2015 GT, or GT3-R, or any other model for that matter, with this issue, there has to be a another update disc to fit your precise "Q" version, I don't see how an update disc can be made for prior revisions but not the Q...

It was worth the shot on the WT10340.

Johnny

Old 08-28-2023, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
@robob ,
Well, that is very disappointing...

I will continue to investigate further with Bentley, maybe even placing a call to Crewe headquarters.

I will see what I can find, as we know, you are not the only one with a 2015 GT, or GT3-R, or any other model for that matter, with this issue, there has to be a another update disc to fit your precise "Q" version, I don't see how an update disc can be made for prior revisions but not the Q...

It was worth the shot on the WT10340.

Johnny
I agree it was worth trying and that there should be a proper disc for my version. Thanks for hanging in there.

Leno and Osborne drive a GT3-R in this video at 26:54:
https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0..._4_Snug_Harbor

Notice the screen is not normal. Anybody read what it says?

Aggrevated Indeed,
Robert

Old 08-28-2023, 04:46 PM
Administrator
It almost looks like it is displaying the time.
Will @BruceR @glh @AJ1 @EJag66 @pwc6t3 tell us if the second generation head units display a digital clock if the head unit screen or sound is shut off.

Johnny

Old 08-29-2023, 06:26 PM
BruceR is on a distinguished road
Yes, time is displayed when turned off.

Old 08-29-2023, 08:50 PM
Administrator
Thank you Bruce !!

Johnny

Originally Posted by BruceR
Yes, time is displayed when turned off.

Old 08-30-2023, 09:59 AM
Yes, Thanks:-)

Old 09-07-2023, 10:55 PM
KST
KST is an unknown quantity at this point
Bentley 2018 Flying Spur - Screen freezes, only 8K miles

I have a 2018 Bentley Flying Spur with only 8,000 miles. Over a year ago I noticed screen freeze. It happened only 2-3 times for brief periods. Since the car was not being driven much during the pandemic, did not notice much after that. For the last several months, it started freezing more frequently, often for extended periods. Every few seconds the screen goes blank, like its trying to reset, but will come back to the Bentley sign. Sometime it would randomly start working but most times it remains frozen. Recently discovered that it is a well known problem to Bentley for many years. They have also issued a Technical Service Bulletin on March 10, 2019 (Transaction # 2030765/8). This is a very serious issue. With frozen screen, one can not see from the back camera while reversing, can not use blue tooth for emergency hands-free phone calls, can not see tire air pressures specially when one may hit a bump on the road and if any of the wheels appear to be vibrating, and can not see ,any other critical information on the screen. Why has there been no recall or limited warranty extension of this system?

Has anyone fixed this issue yet? How?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Screen Only Has Logo