Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley Continental right rear footwell water

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2024, 03:58 AM
Jeffsk1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bentley Continental right rear footwell water

I have a 2007 Bentley Continental GTC which has had a water leak which has filled the right side rear footwell. It's taking ages to try to dry it our. How do I lift the rear carpet to be able to dry it completely ?

Old 02-24-2024, 04:07 AM
hq_
hq_ is an unknown quantity at this point
I've had an alignment issue with the trunk lid, which results in a very wet carpet after every car wash. Whenever I forget to put a piece of tarp and a towel in the trunk I use a car interior heater overnight to dry it out. Works great, it dries the carpet thoroughly in a few hours, no signs of moisture under it either. I should fix the trunk hinge alignment but I just haven't had time to take a good look at it.

Old 02-24-2024, 04:16 AM
The water isn't in the trunk (boot in UK), it's in the car in the rear footwell. I think I need to left the carpet to ensure it's properly dry, but can't find any instruction on how to lift the carpet in the rear footwell.

Old 02-24-2024, 07:00 AM
hq_
hq_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Jeffsk1
The water isn't in the trunk (boot in UK), it's in the car in the rear footwell.
Yes, I understood this and suggested a method to dry it out effectively and easily without having to remove the carpet at all.

Old 02-24-2024, 05:06 PM
BruceR is on a distinguished road
I'd try hq's method first and if you still need to lift the carpet take it to an auto upholstery shop avoid damaging anything.

Old 02-25-2024, 08:56 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello @Jeffsk1 ,
Welcome to 6speedonline !
As to your water issue, the rear carpet can not simply be pulled up, the carpet is a one piece unit front to back, separate pieces for left and right, not front to back, so, to remove the carpet properly, you have to remove the front side kick panel, the rear seat lower section, the rear seating area side panel (partially), the door sill trim plate, and the passenger side front seat, the reason for the front kick plate and rear panel removal is not only for clearance of carpet, but to gain access to the screws at each end of the door jam sill plate, as this sill plate locks the carpet in, once all parts are removed, you would lift the carpet from the door jam sill area, rotating it up on the door side and down on the center console side, so that the carpet slides out from under the center console.

Although, if you are not interested in all that work, there are two drain plugs in the rear floorboard, but they pull out from the top, although, you could pull them out from the bottom, then install new from the bottom, as in, from the bottom up instead of top down, as the plug doesn't know which way it goes in.

See pictures.

Johnny

Old 03-08-2024, 08:46 AM
Hi,
I've bought a VAX spot cleaner that sucks up the water in the rear footwell. It seams to clear it, but the water always comes back. I've replaced the fuel filler cap insert as that was ripped, but still seem to have water in the rear footwell. This is a GTC so could it be the roof that's not sealing when closed. Is there a way for the rain to get in that way?