Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Continental Audio Upgrades???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 01:30 AM
SoBeSean is on a distinguished road
Continental Audio Upgrades???

Hello all! Hoping we can all share info on how to integrate upgraded audio compnents into our Bentleys... If you're like me, you dont want to mess with the dash components but wouldnt mind some extra ooomph out of the system... I haven't begun my upgrade process yet - still researching - but plan to post what I find here for all. If anyone has done anything, please post it here. My plans are:

More power / better amplification
Speaker replacement
Addition of Subwoofers
Stock appearance

Any info would be valuable to all. I'll be updating as I learn things.

Old 08-17-2006, 05:17 AM
SoBeSean is on a distinguished road
Ok.. I have some news. I went by my local place and they contacted JL Audio who will make what's called a "clean sweep" for the GT. (JL is here in Miami). This wiring harness will convert the signal out of the stock head unit to pre amp level outputs with no loss or distortion; hence, I can install what ever electronics I want to the head unit... SWEET.

My plans are to hook up the head unit to a McIntosh MC4000 (1000w rms) 6 channel amp. I still don't know what speakers will fit in the doors and A pillar - so stay tuned. I'm hoping I can fit Focal K3P three way set up there... keeping my fingers crossed. Rear speakers will be compatable with whatever is in the front...

As for subwoofers, 2 JL Audio 10W7 horn loaded firing through the rear center armrest.

Top flight sound... stock appearance...

Will keep you all posted as I make progress.

Old 08-17-2006, 06:45 PM
Banned
786 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
post pics too

Old 08-17-2006, 07:02 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Give Rick a call at Reus Audio in Orange. He does Lambos, Porsches, BMW and Mercedes for a lot of the guys here. I'm sure he does something for the Bentley.