6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Bentley (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley-42/)
-   -   new member (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley/78580-new-member.html)

ksbenz 04-02-2007 06:22 PM

:) Hi Guys.

Have been watching this site for a little while now especially the CGT and 997 Turbo threads.

I did have a CGT last year, but after a rush of blood to the head I traded it for a 05 gallardo E gear. I thought The car looked cool and that it would be fun to drive. However after a few hard launches the clutch went bad. I thought that this was not acceptable for a car of this caliber and after a few other issues decided that it was time to dump this overpriced audi!!

So I traded it for a Meteor Grey 07 997 TT to match my wifes 997 cab.What a great car but I felt it was just a bit sterile. So, I have gone and reverted back to a CGT. I just feel that this car has all the attributes of the others and in my opinion is the best all round car out there FOR ME!!

I collected it yesterday, its an 05 with a mansory body kit in deep black with saffron interior, 7500 miles and HRE 945R 22's. The car looks really sharp and it felt like putting an old pair of slippers back on when I got into it.

I know everyone here has their opinions on these various cars,and no doubt some will tell me what a bad choice I have made, but what the heck, I just feel privileged to have been able to sample some of the worlds best cars.

Having read the threads regarding flashing the ECU ,I was wondering what the cost is and whether it was a worthwhile Mod, also if lowering the car had any adverse effect on it.

It is only a fourth car and will not be a daily driver and so will probably just sit with my Lotus and various collectible motorcycles.

Thanks in advance for any info here and maybe any other tips.

Keith.

ashokn225 04-02-2007 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by ksbenz
I collected it yesterday, its an 05 with a mansory body kit in deep black with saffron interior, 7500 miles and HRE 945R 22's.

Welcome to the board Keith. Your car sounds awesome, post some pics.

MGM 04-04-2007 01:42 AM

We as well just picked up a new Conti GT! Welcome to the board, congratulations on the new car! We'd love to see pics!

Cedric 04-04-2007 11:03 AM

:):) I love the Mansorys.
Pics please?
Thank u.

ksbenz 04-04-2007 09:48 PM

Thanks for the comments. I will try and post some pictures that I took this weekend.

sechsgang 04-06-2007 11:17 AM

nice to have ya at 6spd...you will enjoy yourself here...

just watch out for da spidermonkeys...they are crazy creatures...

Big Carrot 04-06-2007 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by ksbenz
it was time to dump this overpriced audi!!

I hate to tell you, but you just bought another overpriced Audi! ;)

ksbenz 04-06-2007 11:56 AM

yeah, but I have not had reliability issues with this one!!!!