Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 06:22 PM
ksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to all

Hi Guys.

Have been watching this site for a little while now especially the CGT and 997 Turbo threads.

I did have a CGT last year, but after a rush of blood to the head I traded it for a 05 gallardo E gear. I thought The car looked cool and that it would be fun to drive. However after a few hard launches the clutch went bad. I thought that this was not acceptable for a car of this caliber and after a few other issues decided that it was time to dump this overpriced audi!!

So I traded it for a Meteor Grey 07 997 TT to match my wifes 997 cab.What a great car but I felt it was just a bit sterile. So, I have gone and reverted back to a CGT. I just feel that this car has all the attributes of the others and in my opinion is the best all round car out there FOR ME!!

I collected it yesterday, its an 05 with a mansory body kit in deep black with saffron interior, 7500 miles and HRE 945R 22's. The car looks really sharp and it felt like putting an old pair of slippers back on when I got into it.

I know everyone here has their opinions on these various cars,and no doubt some will tell me what a bad choice I have made, but what the heck, I just feel privileged to have been able to sample some of the worlds best cars.

Having read the threads regarding flashing the ECU ,I was wondering what the cost is and whether it was a worthwhile Mod, also if lowering the car had any adverse effect on it.

It is only a fourth car and will not be a daily driver and so will probably just sit with my Lotus and various collectible motorcycles.

Thanks in advance for any info here and maybe any other tips.

Keith.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:10 PM
ashokn225 has a spectacular aura aboutashokn225 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ksbenz
I collected it yesterday, its an 05 with a mansory body kit in deep black with saffron interior, 7500 miles and HRE 945R 22's.
Welcome to the board Keith. Your car sounds awesome, post some pics.

Old 04-04-2007, 01:42 AM
MGM
MGM will become famous soon enough
We as well just picked up a new Conti GT! Welcome to the board, congratulations on the new car! We'd love to see pics!

Old 04-04-2007, 11:03 AM
Cedric will become famous soon enough
I love the Mansorys.
Pics please?
Thank u.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:48 PM
ksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to all
Thanks for the comments. I will try and post some pictures that I took this weekend.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:17 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
nice to have ya at 6spd...you will enjoy yourself here...

just watch out for da spidermonkeys...they are crazy creatures...

Old 04-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Junior Mint
Big Carrot is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ksbenz
it was time to dump this overpriced audi!!
I hate to tell you, but you just bought another overpriced Audi!

Old 04-06-2007, 11:56 AM
yeah, but I have not had reliability issues with this one!!!!