BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

M5board.com E92 M3 vs RS4 vs 335i vs... +20

Old 10-30-2007, 10:43 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I am glad to hear that BMW cannot legally void the warrenty unless it is proven that the mods caused the problem.

My plan is to pick up a low milleage 335i or 135i late next year on the secondary market (although I might have to buy the 135i new). I am then going to slap the stage 2 Vishnu on it to creat the perfect DD (give the G35 to the wife).

Old 10-30-2007, 12:44 PM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
It is true that the law will eventually back me, but the salesman at the local BMW dealership told me personally that any aftermarket except Dinan would void my warranty....I will have to lawyer up to enforce the contract which is a hassle...fortunately I have my attorney on speed dial but a kid like you probably does not have that option. Just understand that BMW is trying to avoid liability and you will have to take legal action to get your warranty enforced....however, by the end of next year (all the oil overheating issues should be worked out on the 08's) when I will be picking up either a 135i or a 335i, there should be no issues w/ a well sorted V2 upgrade.

Now, as to your claim of being able to smoke a chipped 997 w/ exhust, Jean (eclou here on 6speed), just ran a verified 7.73 in the recent 60-130 comp (my GT2 ran a 6.69). The standings are here:https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=55163

I will put up 1K that you cannot match that in your 335. Get a GPS box (Driftbox or AX 22) run her, and send the data into KPG or Scott (Divexxtreme) for verification. Since you like to run your mouth lets see you back it up.
Are you talking about a 997 TT or GT3 or C2S C4S they make alot of 997's you know.

Old 10-30-2007, 12:58 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
TT....I suppose you are talking about a NA 997....never mind, lol....yes, you will walk it in a straight line.

Old 10-30-2007, 03:09 PM
KeyserSoze is on a distinguished road
I am by no means trying to add fuel to the fire but while the Magnuson-Moss Act is good on paper, trying to exercise it is another thing, at least at most BMW dealers in norcal. It's one thing that makes me shy away from buying another BMW product based on my history of bringing in modded cars for service and warranty work.

Old 10-30-2007, 05:57 PM
Formerly 04ImolaZHP
InfamousD is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by KeyserSoze
I am by no means trying to add fuel to the fire but while the Magnuson-Moss Act is good on paper, trying to exercise it is another thing, at least at most BMW dealers in norcal. It's one thing that makes me shy away from buying another BMW product based on my history of bringing in modded cars for service and warranty work.
the way i have gotten "around that" is by shopping dealers and then making a relationship with the "good" ones and then just sticking with them. i had an issue with my bluetooth/assist unit and then something else got messed up in my radio in the meantime. my SA and Tech, well my tech, replaced the unit and tested it via the car harness w/o doing a "field" test since the speakers were not working (at the time). i am sure half the dealers out there would have told me to pound sand but i have a good relationship with these guys and they get 100% of my business of multiple cars for some time now.

btw, the way i found these guys is by posting the question on a forum. they were recommended by multiple people and in turn i have recommended them to multiple people.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:56 AM
Amiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond repute
a GT-R will wipe the dust off all these cars.....FTW!!!!!

Old 10-31-2007, 01:15 AM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
^ Thanks for lightening-up the discussion.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:30 AM
Amiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex
^ Thanks for lightening-up the discussion.
LOL. No Prob. I find it stupid having stock cars racing modded cars. Why not put a Civic hatch with a K20 swap and have it smoke all those cars?

Old 10-31-2007, 06:22 AM
Amir,

But you need to understand that it is incredibly easy and cheap to modify the 335i. It cost me 7 K to get an extra 50 rwhp out of my G35. It would cost 10 more K to get it to 400rwhp, and then I would have to worry about the pencil thin rods.

Oh, and regarding the GT-R someone beat it w/ an ugly stick...I was really looking forward to it, but it is god accursedly fugly.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:32 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Amir,

But you need to understand that it is incredibly easy and cheap to modify the 335i. It cost me 7 K to get an extra 50 rwhp out of my G35. It would cost 10 more K to get it to 400rwhp, and then I would have to worry about the pencil thin rods.

Oh, and regarding the GT-R someone beat it w/ an ugly stick...I was really looking forward to it, but it is god accursedly fugly.
to you 7k is cheap lol
90% of the people who drives g35 or people on g35driver probably dont think 7k is cheap hahaha

Old 10-31-2007, 06:50 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Enilder
to you 7k is cheap lol
90% of the people who drives g35 or people on g35driver probably dont think 7k is cheap hahaha
any luck with an m3 yet? theres a lotus dealership near my house that i pass on my way back home from work every day, and i saw a cayman there so i stopped in yest but it wasnt an S, so i wasnt interested...still sweet but need the S. it was a great price though. any other ideas on a car?

Old 10-31-2007, 09:17 AM
Enilder,

I don't think 7K for 50 hp is cheap for a G35....my point is the G35 is expensive to mod...I can get 50 more hp out of the the 335i for less than 1K.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:50 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Enilder,

I don't think 7K for 50 hp is cheap for a G35....my point is the G35 is expensive to mod...I can get 50 more hp out of the the 335i for less than 1K.
tell me about it...the e46 m3 is no picnic when it comes to modding.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:24 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KeyserSoze
i agree , to this, and u will have to lawyer up wich will end up costing u more money and it will be an going thing and pita . U can beleive any ferry tail u wish , but fact is god forbid somethings happend to the motor or tranny then good luck ur going to need it !!

And um as for the GT R .......who even mentioned anything about it ? seriously. go back to the nissan forums... Oh guess what ?? and a Veyron will smoke the GT R ....so um ...ya . i think you get my point.

PS .the skyline is FUGLY...i would preffer the older one ..

Old 10-31-2007, 10:50 AM
Amir,

I do agree that it is extremly hard to get any power out of the VQ35's...i own a Z and i have given up on that car. But i honestly don't think 335's are worth the price. Yes the GT-R looks ugly, but i don't doubt if you took that wing off, drop it and slapped some 20's it would loook much much better. To me the GT-R looks alot better than the 335. the 335's look like a long skinny snaked with no body work. I'm still debating if i wana GT-R or a C63

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M5board.com E92 M3 vs RS4 vs 335i vs... +20