BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

First kill in my new M3!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 10:54 PM
turbolag is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Isn't it awesome Half of my driving skill was upped because of my ex lightened up M3, it was just tons of fun and when spinning 1st, 2nd and into 3rd (sometimes little beginning of third when rowing through 1st,2nd,3rd) you would be fighting the car while its drifiting and fishtailing in a straight line haha, but yet so controlable. My GT2 on the other hand , can't do that. When it spins the back end whips out :/
I agree its really fun to do. When some one comes next to you and its time to put the power to the ground. I bet you really hate it at that moment i know i would lol.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:02 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by turbolag
I agree its really fun to do. When some one comes next to you and its time to put the power to the ground. I bet you really hate it at that moment i know i would lol.
DING DING DING, that was the major problem... Stock GTO's were giving me a hard time until I hit 3rd gear from a first or 2nd gear roll, embarrassing, but on the highway in a 3rd gear pull, the car was FAST! I pulled a 993TT on a run, that's when I was very impressed, damn this is so long ago!

Old 11-20-2007, 12:24 AM
sikhkd is on a distinguished road
nice, teach those STI's a lesson.. going 155 on the highway? keep your limits on local roads, thats going to be a pretty hefty fine if you get pulled over

Old 11-20-2007, 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
DING DING DING, that was the major problem... Stock GTO's were giving me a hard time until I hit 3rd gear from a first or 2nd gear roll, embarrassing, but on the highway in a 3rd gear pull, the car was FAST! I pulled a 993TT on a run, that's when I was very impressed, damn this is so long ago!
It seems like you really miss your old car. M3s are very nice cars even do they have issues but still a great car all around there is one thing many other cars cant compare to m3s and thats the styling that it has. I myself find m3s perfect when it comes to looks any m3 from the e30s to e46s i know im going to love the 08s once i see one in person.

Old 11-20-2007, 12:26 AM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
What kinda dollars does it take to build an M3 to 550hp?

Christian

Old 11-20-2007, 12:45 AM
Originally Posted by Christian
What kinda dollars does it take to build an M3 to 550hp?

Christian
I would guess a good 30k. There are other alternatives like spraying but you wont quit hit 550hp.

Old 11-20-2007, 06:03 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Naseem had nearly 60 K into the car on top of the purchase price...however now that the R and D is done Joel will sell the nearly complete Stage 2 package for 46K. But that does not include the 5K Brembos.

Definitely not one of the less expensive ways to get to those hp levels. Actually, the stage 1 BHS package is 36K. That will get you to 580 w/ out heat soak, which is the challenge for BMW's. This car will supposedly make 655 rwhp if you load it full of ice. Once the car heat soaks....which is after running her hard for 5-10 minutes she makes, and this is a butt dyno guesstimate, a consistent 560-570.

If I were staring from scratch I would just do the stage 1....the only advantage to stage 2 really is the ability to get 1 600 rwhp plus run on the track in the 1/4 mile of the 60-130. For a typical street race, when you are almost always heat soaked you will almost never be making over 570.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 11-20-2007 at 06:08 AM.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:09 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Here is what you get for 46K: BHS Stage 2 Forced Induction Conversion:

3.2 liter 9.5:1 low compression (93 octane or higher):
- Forged 9.5:1 CP pistons with ceramic-coated crown and friction coated skirts
- Arrow light weight H-forged connecting rods
- Light weight wrist pins
- Flash set piston rings
- BHS high-pressure intake plenum with internal dual pass/ dual core heat exchanger
- BHS cooling medium reservoir, front mount medium cooler and an 8 gallon per minute coolant pump.
- Greddy blow-off valve
- Engine management software
- RC high flow fuel injectors
- BHS ported throttle bodies
- Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
- Aeromotive high capacity fuel pump
- BHS friction coated main and connecting rod bearings
- Vortech V-1 (T-trim) Race compressor (22 psi)
- BHS front mount Heat Exchanger
- BHS custom fuel delivery system (AN-8)
- Morgan Performance Fabrication silicone hoses and tubing
- BHS lightweight flywheel and clutch kit
- Supersprint ceramic-coated headers
- Supersprint Race Cats
- Supersprint Resonated X-pipe
- Supersprint Race Exhaust
- Weld in rear sub frame reinforcement kit
- BHS Modified primary oil pump
- Ignition Solutions Coil Packs

The following were extra:
Brembo GT BBK Front and Rear (Black)
Eibach Pro kit on Stock Suspension

What I like about this car is that the engine can easily handle the power and I should get at least 100K miles out of her.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 11-20-2007 at 06:11 AM.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:50 AM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
wouldnt it just be cheaper to get the horsepowerfreaks turbo kit?

Old 11-20-2007, 07:20 AM
the stock M3 motor is only good to 400-450 tops...after that you need to build.

I got a killer deal on this car.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:37 AM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
^What weight and what 1/4 mile times does the car have?

Christian

Old 11-20-2007, 10:45 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
the stock M3 motor is only good to 400-450 tops...after that you need to build.

I got a killer deal on this car.
Not at all Sean, there are 1000's of people running 550 hp up to over 700 on stock internals/block without any issues what so ever, to my knowledge there hasent been one blown motor yet

Old 11-20-2007, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by turbolag
It seems like you really miss your old car. M3s are very nice cars even do they have issues but still a great car all around there is one thing many other cars cant compare to m3s and thats the styling that it has. I myself find m3s perfect when it comes to looks any m3 from the e30s to e46s i know im going to love the 08s once i see one in person.
And yes I still miss M3's and sad to say it, my ex, but not for the headaches/issues and the way it ran most of the time, which was part of having one of the earliest FI kits :/

I said it before in another thread, if I could have one car for the rest of my life , it would be a ZCP M3

Old 11-20-2007, 02:46 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
I love the fact that it looks 100% stock. perfect sleeper.
Glad your enjoying the car, have fun with it. A little street race is nice sometimes.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:19 PM
TeXJ is on a distinguished road
Nice kill man! And a nice car, lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: First kill in my new M3!