BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

BMW dealer auctions new M3 for $60K on eBay, doesn't want to honor the deal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 03:54 PM
eurospek is on a distinguished road
BMW dealer auctions new M3 for $60K on eBay, doesn't want to honor the deal

Apparently all is not kosher in corn country. BMW of Lincoln, Nebraska posted an auction on eBay for a brand new M3 Sedan for $60,000. Perhaps they were hoping for the kind of eBay madness that would push the price to six figures (something other dealers are doing right on the show floor). If that's what they were after, well, they didn't get it. The car was won by a gentleman in California for the listed price: $60,000.

The problem is that the dealer doesn't want to give him the car. Not long after the auction ended, the winning bidder got a call from BMW of Nebraska telling him the auction was "a mistake," and that he couldn't have the car. In spite of the fact that the dealership changed the Buy It Now price twice -- and so was paying attention to the auction -- and eBay rules that make it clear that if someone wins the auction then you must complete the transaction, the buyer is still trying to get someone to give him the car he won at the winning bid price. Follow the link for the full story, and to you, Dooma350, good luck. Thanks for the tip, Ken!

[Source: M3post.com]
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/23/b...t-want-to-hon/

eBay is SRS BSNS

Old 03-23-2008, 04:20 PM
jerseybeemer has much to be proud ofjerseybeemer has much to be proud ofjerseybeemer has much to be proud ofjerseybeemer has much to be proud ofjerseybeemer has much to be proud ofjerseybeemer has much to be proud ofjerseybeemer has much to be proud ofjerseybeemer has much to be proud ofjerseybeemer has much to be proud ofjerseybeemer has much to be proud of
Link to "digg" the article if you're into that kinda thing...

http://digg.com/autos/Dealer_auction...n_t_honor_deal

Old 03-23-2008, 10:07 PM
SLC4S is on a distinguished road
i almost bid on that car... woulda shoulda coulda..... damn

Old 03-24-2008, 08:31 AM
czechchamp has a spectacular aura aboutczechchamp has a spectacular aura aboutczechchamp has a spectacular aura about
This thing blew up all over the internet.

Hope dooma gets his M3!!

Good thread about the case:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=1#post2354785

Old 03-24-2008, 10:36 AM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
Wow, spent about an hour reading all the posts.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Sounds like the guy won!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by dooma350
Sorry its taken so long to post a update. The site is very slow (understandably). This morning, BMW of Lincoln has agreed to sell me the car at a price of 60K, with certain conditions. I'll be going over the conditions with the dealership tommorow, and I hope to have everything finalized by tommorow afternoon.

But one thing that I would like to make everyone aware of is, BMW of Lincoln is proactively working to correct the situation that they screwed up. And yes, they screwed up big time, no doubt about that.They are trying to do right, so please don't harass the dealership right now. No phone calls, threats, emails or fake sales calls.

That said, I would just like to take a step back for a moment.
The past few days have been insane. Just thinking about what has transpired, leaves you speechless really. How did this thing go from a M3post.com rant to what it became today? In 3 days, the site amassed
650+ comments and 200,000 page views, with people posting from all around the world, lending their support and help. Thats people I dont even know! Amazing stuff, and probably the coolest thing I have ever
been part of, leveraging the internet in a way that I have never seen before. People I have never met, making calls on my behalf, contacting automotive sites, supplying information, just doing anything and everything possible to help out.

Lets do it again sometime, I hope to be there for someone when they are in need.

Thanks guys, there are good people in this world after all.
I'll post again tommorow.

Regards

Ken

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

ArtPE
bolmedias14
mkoesel
mooseman
Laszlo
yacoub
JerseyBeemer
acidtrunks
rickc
Xcellere
rainsux
ideliver
DJ9
Technic
kingdaviswaco
na335i
tturedraider
moog55
erdoran
e46e92love
ganjadude
viobruin
enlightenment
botchka
NavNurs
dgb2
The Peregrinus
skierman64
UsedCarSalesmanwCombOver
zavigm
Disinterested Observer
Doesn't Drive
M308CAH
stlmini
Brookzors
italy430
AML
Spazdoc
TimVFR
LilRedGXP
ybbiz34
Los Angeles
RX7owner
Revin9k
mduval1988
Huecifer
BlackJetE90
bradbmw
GalaxyGreySi
Last E92 M3
Epacy
drkbrent
normtrum
C4talyst
Ron21
imafrk
nightkhan
landon305
ShakeR
SteveMondragon
ChrisFastM3
steve40704
ncoday
Illan
joes3series
TheAcAvenger
smmille
lucid
homerjsimp
Avenger
Garissimo
Keto
D0WNxiSH1FT
08fbpSI
MrFoof
Manticorez
JasenWFO
sonofthor
OC kid
MelsM3
max4speed
Samifumi
Fyre Man
djdorifto
mimic
shanks
Adam_B
czechchamp
tiguy99
BlackStar
tivs31
CSL-Fanatik
IrvRobinson
RacerRex
ddsm3
FifthStreetz
Bammered
abuzzl23p
runutzzzzz
marcos
M3aHOLIC84
RAC
Brian W
prova275
EmmEff
Educated
Junior Barnes
paologaspar
cngzsn
hacman
Stealth_M
dlpruk
///MML
redmtclimber
takedown8
mdrobc13
RT8_M3
Jdebitjr
Nucking Futs!
smmmurf
leewoods18
SteveLevin
88M3SanDiego
orangebyke
dommo_g
anosa
ozarkgolfer
Chris_Lee
BimmerBoyz
nootrac22
Hankdoll
buschy
Jack28
achien
ianbiz
McLuVan
knext21
SnowsM3
SmittyNC
prrbill
bodies_from_vent
BMWridin89
Bettor
FCTrs4
lazyhobo
stormrider
Simpoleca
JThw8
kronzprinz
yamazaho
JEllis
dab33d
teritanz
omerfar23
THE_PRO
jgorman13
jm1234
cristios01
Angelus897
bear_2008
CaribooLou
saaboteur
Anonymous Dissent
mrmcderm
gobuffs
iluvmycsx
qortra
GrFa
lvwirelessguy
OC 335i
Salespunk
fizzle
SMSgt B
yahtzee
BogoKi
hakaida442
CallMeDPit
briambran
freakguy54321
Mfive
awesomeness
SBasinger
wtfcorp
bamafun
HeDeservesTheCar
Neu
wontonjon
E394KEN
KL2DC
John
monsta
JoeClothing
Dave_H
eurospek
gundamfans
timsev
thevaliantknight
tdicola
evilsykoskitzo
89dub
jeaguilar
Gurevich8889
Night Hawk
PhaseShift
Indecent
BMWBLOG.COM
gerilc
Stein
ky_soldier
MadDog
hak87
Eichhörnchen
Lil. Lucas
eyemdbmw
pharenx
Bookem
dunjee
jasonintoronto
motionmonk
robb
Minimad
CoolAir
CrownSeven
tRas
kgodfrey
Mateo
Happy13178
Stilig
Greeney
ucla1995
thetastelingers
Glacked
JS11
MrHarris
Gig103
achenator
MC Mo Murda
FourOFour
Bambler
e36_m3
moosepoop

Old 03-24-2008, 01:58 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
My buddy will sell new M3's at a good discount...PM me if interested and I will give you his info..

Lou

Old 03-26-2008, 05:11 PM
UPDATE: BMW North America notified of eBay winner's plight

We apologize for yet another update on the saga of Ken Tanisaka and his efforts to wrench a fairly won BMW M3 sedan from the iron grip of BMW of Lincoln, Nebraska, but this story just keeps rolling on providing new and interesting twists by the hour.

Ken came this close to receiving the Bimmer today after his lawyer negotiated away the conditions that were demanded by the dealership. The first was that he not sell the car for two years, and the second was that he somehow "control the press" and end the onslaught of communiques sent to the dealership by phone, fax, email and flaming bags of pooh. (We're kidding on that last one. No one send flaming bags of pooh to BMW of Lincoln. Seriously.) After the lawyers wrangled for a bit, Ken was instructed to call BMW of Lincoln today and arrange his deposit over the phone by a certain time, but according to our distressed interlocutor, was instead lectured by the General Manager, one Fil Cataniam, for failing to stop the press from contacting the dealership. He refused to take Ken's credit card info over the phone, in effect reneging on the resolution that had previously been reached by the lawyers.

Ken's lawyer has now drafted a letter to BMW of North America (check it out after the jump) informing the big brand of what's been going on and simply asking for help. It must be noted that BMW NA likely does not have any jurisdiction here, as dealers usually operate on a very long leash from the mothership. Still, what has become a PR nightmare for this particular dealership could easily leave a bad taste in the mouth of many potential BMW customers. Perhaps it would behoove BMW proper to get this guy his M3 sedan prompto and slap the wrists of these knuckleheads in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Adding yet another facet to this gem of a story is news from Ken that other BMW dealers have contacted him offering great deals on an M3! Man, there must not be much brotherhood among BMW dealers. Ken states that rather than getting a different M3 and letting this dealership off the hook, he'd like to see BMW of Lincoln live up to its obligation.

We now return you to your regular posts...

[Source: m3post.com]
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/26/u...inners-plight/

Old 03-26-2008, 05:16 PM
Gary in BR is on a distinguished road
The internet is a great thing.

The dealership needs to sell the car to him. For the agreed upon price. But, in a few months no one will remember this event.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Philthy is on a distinguished road
Wow even after offered other cars. I think its right Ken is going after that dealership, im sure he would rather have his car shipped to California and teach a dealership the correct way to do business, then let them off the hook and save a bit of cash letting them go on to screw the next person who bys a car online. IMO is they didnt mean to list the auction, whoever did it needs to be fired.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Gary in BR is on a distinguished road
I have not seen an update to this saga anywhere on the 6. If it has been sorry.

he ebay buyer GOT THE CAR!!!!

He took delivery last week.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:07 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
i hadn't heard anything either till this post ^^^^, but good for the guy.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:53 PM
m3_beer is on a distinguished road
nice, i had no idea about this..but good for the guy..thats a great deal for a great car

Old 04-24-2008, 10:57 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Here's the page with him taking delivery. I have not read everything that transpired up to that point, but man did it blow up! Posts from people around the world!

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...27993&page=122