BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

Lease on new m3 sedan?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 08:32 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 20C4S
it's a 6MT. that's the main reason.
yea...but i wouldnt drive it without one

Old 03-26-2008, 01:30 AM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
it's a 6MT. that's the main reason.
I don't mind the gear box being manual but 10k miles a year limit gonna be a problem. If I ever leased a car (especially with free maintainense program?), it's gonna get driven a lot.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:17 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by datax
I don't mind the gear box being manual but 10k miles a year limit gonna be a problem. If I ever leased a car (especially with free maintainense program?), it's gonna get driven a lot.
yes...that was a huge concern to me only wanting/needing on car right now...for my dad he has a few so he didnt really care about the miles. 10k mile a year is a little more than 800 miles a month, thats nothing! i would need at least 15000 mile prob more like 18000 (to be safe).

Old 03-26-2008, 07:33 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
what?!? 1300+ a month. damn, at those prices, they def wont be selling 100,000 m3s. if i can go to my dealer, and pick up an m5 for 999/months, and an m6 for 1249/month, they should have 749-799/month for the new m3. id get one today if that were the case!

has anyone looked at the **** poor residuals on these cars?? 54% residual value after two years, 3 year residual is prob in the low 40%, and frankly, that is disgusting! 70K car is work barely half its value after 24 months. i guess i saw this coming with the overly priced m5 and m6 that cant hold their value either.
I Really think that 100,000 M3s is not gonna happen.
They raised the price significantly and the demand in the market is not like it used to be. The 335i being a steller performer and with fierce competition in the market - it's gonna be really hard to hit that 100,000 mark unless they start discounting them and subsidized leasing on these.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:12 AM
MGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to all
Originally Posted by tsmithmdtx
I was under the impression that BMW with not CPO the E60 M5/M6. Can anyone confirm or refute this?
That is correct, no CPO'd M5/6's

The residuals on the M3's don't surprise me, have you seen what a 06-07 Mz4 can be had for?! One of my local dealers still has an 06' sitting on the lot with a $58k MSRP that I saw them advertising at $46k...knowing full well that low $40's could probably take that car home. 06's with less than 10k miles can be had for well in the 30's! I always thought the M's held value well, but they're getting to be more and more AMG-esque

Old 03-26-2008, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
I Really think that 100,000 M3s is not gonna happen.
They raised the price significantly and the demand in the market is not like it used to be. The 335i being a steller performer and with fierce competition in the market - it's gonna be really hard to hit that 100,000 mark unless they start discounting them and subsidized leasing on these.
yea...they havnt been well received all around as the e46 m3 was...so 100K might not happen...prob 75-80K will def.
the M cars DONT hold value anymore...anyone who thinks they do is a chump.
i think for 699-799/month 15K miles/yr, that would be a good lease, but leases at 1300/month arent going to sell well.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:22 PM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
yea...they havnt been well received all around as the e46 m3 was...so 100K might not happen...prob 75-80K will def.
the M cars DONT hold value anymore...anyone who thinks they do is a chump.
i think for 699-799/month 15K miles/yr, that would be a good lease, but leases at 1300/month arent going to sell well.
Ya $800 a month for an M3 is reasonable.The prices they've quoted me are just stupid. It's funny driving by my local dealer just seeing the two they have collect dust.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:41 AM
Originally Posted by Jmoney
Ya $800 a month for an M3 is reasonable.The prices they've quoted me are just stupid. It's funny driving by my local dealer just seeing the two they have collect dust.
i totally agree...for 1300 a month, i can go pick up, what to me is a better car in a 997S...or a used 996 GT3, or a 996TT x50, which will all embarass the new m3.
its an awesome car, but if they want to hit the 100K mark, they are going to need to give people incentives to buy it. so far they arent even selling for msrp a few weeks into the US life cycle.
i also have a feeling there are a lot of dealers that have m3s just collecting dust.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:57 AM
KareemA4 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by thebk
Saw the new m3 sedan today at Braman and was very impressed. However, they are not leasing them because they are selling at a premium. I am located in Miami Beach, but was wondering if another dealer selling at msrp or slightly below would consider shipping car for me to lease? If so what kind of lease numbers are people seeing on the new m3? Would like to see something with 0 down,10k a year, 36 month term or shorter.

TIA
BMW for Pembroke Pines has them for MSRP
I was just there.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:00 PM
AaronK is a jewel in the roughAaronK is a jewel in the roughAaronK is a jewel in the roughAaronK is a jewel in the rough
You'll never see an $800 lease or even a $900 lease for that matter on a 2-3 year term. Best lease you'll likely see without a good pay down will be around $1000 per month.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:14 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MGoBlue
That is correct, no CPO'd M5/6's

The residuals on the M3's don't surprise me, have you seen what a 06-07 Mz4 can be had for?! One of my local dealers still has an 06' sitting on the lot with a $58k MSRP that I saw them advertising at $46k...knowing full well that low $40's could probably take that car home. 06's with less than 10k miles can be had for well in the 30's! I always thought the M's held value well, but they're getting to be more and more AMG-esque
had the Mz4. awesome car but too bad it's never a popular car. the target group is very limited on that car. shame. M3 on the other hand represents a much bigger market. what it offers might take away some M5 & M6 customers. only thing would hurt the M3 might only be its little brother 335. i don't see the lease deal can be had like the Mz4 certainly not below 1k. i think around 1k is fair but a little too high now. if u want to be the first on the street u gonna pay the difference.

interesting though, i have not seen a M3 on the street yet & i'm talking about Los Angeles. hummm...

Old 03-28-2008, 06:31 AM
had the Mz4. awesome car but too bad it's never a popular car. the target group is very limited on that car. shame. M3 on the other hand represents a much bigger market. what it offers might take away some M5 & M6 customers. only thing would hurt the M3 might only be its little brother 335. i don't see the lease deal can be had like the Mz4 certainly not below 1k. i think around 1k is fair but a little too high now. if u want to be the first on the street u gonna pay the difference.

interesting though, i have not seen a M3 on the street yet & i'm talking about Los Angeles. hummm...
thats def suprising.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:39 AM
newbiemw is infamous around these parts
I live in Knoxville and the local here has one M3 and 2 M5's. (apparently east TN is doing it that big) Sticker on 5 is 97 and sticker on 3 was like 69ish, I dont know if thats right. Anyways they quoted a similar lease option quote before 36m 12K at 1350/month. I said thanks and went and looked at their 04 M3 conv. (terrible)

And the Mz4 was a terrible car, underpowered and looked ambigiously gay. "For the M version we threw on heavier wheels and added like 50BHP, so... have fun with looking like a ******bag in our ****-n-***** car"

And this is off the topic, but I thought the M5's had 7sp gearbox? I haven't checked the stats but maybe yall could clarify this quick. (I checked, it is a 7, the db who said 6MT can be embarassed now)

Last edited by newbiemw; 03-28-2008 at 10:46 AM. Reason: edit
Old 03-29-2008, 07:36 PM
acbimmer is infamous around these parts
I will. Have a coupe and a sedan in stock. PM me we'll talk

Old 03-29-2008, 11:15 PM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Originally Posted by newbiemw
I live in Knoxville and the local here has one M3 and 2 M5's. (apparently east TN is doing it that big) Sticker on 5 is 97 and sticker on 3 was like 69ish, I dont know if thats right. Anyways they quoted a similar lease option quote before 36m 12K at 1350/month. I said thanks and went and looked at their 04 M3 conv. (terrible)

And the Mz4 was a terrible car, underpowered and looked ambigiously gay. "For the M version we threw on heavier wheels and added like 50BHP, so... have fun with looking like a ******bag in our ****-n-***** car"

And this is off the topic, but I thought the M5's had 7sp gearbox? I haven't checked the stats but maybe yall could clarify this quick. (I checked, it is a 7, the db who said 6MT can be embarassed now)
The DB would be you since the M5/M6 have two transmission a 6MT and a 7 Speed SMG type transmission.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lease on new m3 sedan?