BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

2005 Alpine White M3 PROJECT JOURNAL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 09:53 PM
///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the kind words everybody, it has been a very fun project so far!

Also, thank you to everyone for all your opinions, thoughts, and compliments. It is always nice to hear what people think, whether it be positive or negative. Although this has been a quick (One week haha) project it has felt like much longer making sure everything with the car was done with perfection. And hearing all the nice things about the car makes what I'm doing to it worth even more!

I finally got to drive the car home from work today and hearing that AP exhaust was amazing. I had my local muffler shop fix the fitment and it is now close to perfect. As far as the exhaust goes, it sounds amazing under about 4000 RPMS, but I need to get the Rasp Terminator ASAP to get a more exact sound that I'm going for (Jack@CustomPerformance...hopefully those puppies get off back order soon!!) The paintwork and wheels turned out EXACLTY how I wanted. I wanted to create a Panoramic-like look on the roof and my painter took his time to create a Mirror-Like finish on the roof (you HAVE to see it the car in person to know exactly what I'm talking about!)

I'll do some more writing later on however (I know you all want to see the pictures); so without going on I'll get to the pictures of the car with the roof painted, mirrors installed, AND Iforged Senekas mounted!!!

ENJOY...

So I still need to add the decklid spoiler (while I search for an OEM CSL bootlid), a SSK kit, M3 fender grille emblems, and a hardwired V1, but this should do it for now while I round up the rest of the parts!!!

Last edited by ///M_Chap; 04-15-2008 at 09:55 PM.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:40 PM
SLC4S is on a distinguished road
nice work man... pretty impressive one week transformation, must have been well planned out. Looks awesome, love the roof. white time-attack ring on the wheels could look amazing if the rivets were black as well

Old 04-15-2008, 10:43 PM
///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by SLC4S
nice work man... pretty impressive one week transformation, must have been well planned out. Looks awesome, love the roof. white time-attack ring on the wheels could look amazing if the rivets were black as well
Haha..sshhh don't let out the secret!!! I actually have them sitting in my office right now (I'm going to enjoy the wheels how they are right now then have my pinstriper put on the rings in a couple weeks most likely)

Old 04-15-2008, 10:49 PM
JT3
JT3 will become famous soon enoughJT3 will become famous soon enough
BBK would set it off...

Looks great, but honestly not quite as good as I anticipated. Keep us updated.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:08 PM
yeeeeee is on a distinguished road
you should get a darker tint and get the front windshield tinted. looks great so far.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:27 AM
Originally Posted by yeeeeee
you should get a darker tint and get the front windshield tinted. looks great so far.
The tint is actually much darker than the pictures display, I thought the same thing when I looked at the 4th and 5th pictures.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:33 PM
Monodose is on a distinguished road
I'm in love!

Old 04-16-2008, 07:50 PM
chim pum-callao has a spectacular aura aboutchim pum-callao has a spectacular aura aboutchim pum-callao has a spectacular aura about
your car looks effing A right. the black roof and all. what size are your rear wheels?

Old 04-16-2008, 08:32 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Looks good, but would look much better with the pinstripe on the wheels.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by TKDalumni
Looks good, but would look much better with the pinstripe on the wheels.
It's funny you say that because I actually have the Time Attack rings sitting under my desk right now. I'm going to enjoy the wheels the way they are right now for a few weeks then put on the rings (if I can hold out that long)

A couple more pics I took last night (my photography sucks I know...)

Last edited by ///M_Chap; 04-17-2008 at 08:35 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:38 AM
alex@wheelexperts is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ///M_Chap
Haha..sshhh don't let out the secret!!! I actually have them sitting in my office right now (I'm going to enjoy the wheels how they are right now then have my pinstriper put on the rings in a couple weeks most likely)
haha wow... looks great!

mark, what happened to the M5? that was probably one of the cleanest looking M5s around....

Alex

Old 04-17-2008, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by RE5PEKT
haha wow... looks great!

mark, what happened to the M5? that was probably one of the cleanest looking M5s around....

Alex
Alex,

How's it going man? I heard you have your own shop now, that's great. Yeah I sold the M5 last year for a Range Rover Sport (stupid decision). But now I'm back with the ///M's so that makes me happy! Hope all is going well for you and thanks for the kind words.

Old 04-20-2008, 03:27 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
car looks awesome.....i agree with everyone else...white rings would be dope on the wheels....and so would a csl trunk....

Old 04-20-2008, 03:51 PM
still lost is a jewel in the roughstill lost is a jewel in the roughstill lost is a jewel in the rough
man that came out sick, white/cinn is my favorite combo....sad to hear you swapped it out..to each their own

I was just looking at white/cinn's this morning....can't believe I missed this thread till now!

Old 04-20-2008, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys and yes I will be putting the White TA rings on in a couple weeks (they are sitting under my desk waiting to be installed!!)

In the meantime here are a few pictures I took today out in front of my house..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2005 Alpine White M3 PROJECT JOURNAL