BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

my new 645, with pix, and write-up!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 03:47 PM
Amiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond repute
Great car. Congrats. One thing you forgot is that on the 645's there is no BLACK interior, the seats are black but the dash-board and door plastic is dark gray which i hate. The 650's 06 was the first year BMW brought the black interior.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:42 PM
crosvs is on a distinguished road
Great car. Congrats.
Thank you!

One thing you forgot is that on the 645's there is no BLACK interior, the seats are black but the dash-board and door plastic is dark gray which i hate.
I didn't forget, I just didn't make the distinction. If someone asks me what color my car's interior is, I'm going to just be parsimonious and say "black," which, generally, it is.

That said, I actually really LOVE the subtle 2-tone look of the black/dark gray. I'm actually surprised/disappointed they got rid of it, along with the haptic (force feedback) of the iDrive.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:19 PM
Bimmeristic has a spectacular aura aboutBimmeristic has a spectacular aura about
Did you ever think about getting an M6?

Old 05-05-2008, 06:12 PM
hotsauce will become famous soon enough
Perhaps the 6 just seems so great because you're comparing it to the Rustang

Old 05-06-2008, 12:03 AM
crosvs is on a distinguished road
Perhaps the 6 just seems so great because you're comparing it to the Rustang
haha nice. first, i haven't driven the mustang since 2004. it's just been chillin. second, it's not just any mustang lol. i've spent a lot of blood sweat and tears on that thing. even one of my ex-gfs -- a PERSIAN girl from LA no less -- was sad when i parked the thing to pick up the X5 back in 2004. that's sayin a lot if you know persian girls lol.

anywya: that mustang is still the FUNNEST car i've ever driven. you know why? it's got SOUL. and SPIRIT. And it's just an ENGINE. a TRANSMISSION. and FOUR WHEELS lol. no ABS. no auto transmission. no stability control electronic crap. NOTHING. It's JUST a CAR lol. Sure it only hits 60 in about 7 seconds lol. But the noise it makes. the tossability of it's track-tuned (more or less lol) suspension. It's SOUL is just ..... i love that car it's really my baby and i don't thinjk i'll EVER part wit her. hell. i remember driving down sunset blvd near UCLA and getting thumbs-up from guys in BMWs. People really love what i've done to the car, very subtle: some lowering; deleted all badges; deleted the rear wing; it's very clean, dare i say almost elegant looking.

that said, no, i'm comparing the 6 to my last car, an E46 M3 cabrio. also to my dad's 996 4S. and his 997S. different friends' various mercedes that i've driven. and an M5. And my buddy's M6 that I had for 2 days.

now it's true, for a pure sports car, the 997S is the best car i've ever driven. absolutely brilliant.

but i didn't want a sports car lol. i wanted a GT-sorta car. hence, the 6.

The M5 is of cousre brilliant, if i didn't mind foregoing a convertible. an m6 would be ideal, at least in convertible trim, if i had the $$ -- still a student here!!

so excluding cars that are out of my price point -- remember i got this 6 thanks to lemon law buyback of my M3 -- yes this really is the greatest car i've driven and certainly the greatest that i've owned.

point? i couldn't be happier for the time being

Last edited by crosvs; 05-06-2008 at 12:10 AM.