BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

I need a new clutch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 05:03 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I need a new clutch

For my SC E46 M3 w/ SMG. The car dynoed at SAE adjusted 585 so I need something that will handle the power.

One option is the HPF feramic clutch, anything else? Thanks.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:50 PM
Banned
8speed is on a distinguished road
Feramic clutch?

Yeah.....put that one in

Old 12-30-2008, 07:22 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Its called feramic, I don't know why. Is it made by Clutchmasters or ATS?

Old 12-30-2008, 07:29 PM
chrissurfr has a spectacular aura aboutchrissurfr has a spectacular aura aboutchrissurfr has a spectacular aura about
Sell the car to me please

Old 12-30-2008, 07:44 PM
I heard that Clutchmasters makes the clutch for HPF but I can't find it on their web site (they only make a ceramic clutch for the 6 speed E46).

Is the HPF clutch the only game in town? BHS put a UUC clutch in the car.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:24 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Is the HPF clutch the only game in town?
It seems so...

Old 12-31-2008, 07:25 AM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
Not a fan of pretty much anything UUC. I'd like to know how the HPF setup works out for you though.

I installed a factory spec LUK in a car about a year ago when it was still NA. I just recently installed another round of mods, as well as a VF S2 kit. Looking to upgrade the blower this winter, and it will need a more serious clutch shortly thereafter

Old 12-31-2008, 07:51 AM
I got 12 K miles out of the UUC...but the price was right and I know it works w/ SMG and my lightweight flywheel. I wonder if they have made anything stronger in the last 2 years>

Old 12-31-2008, 08:42 AM
2006GT is an unknown quantity at this point
How much is the clutch for the SMG? and for the Manual?

Old 12-31-2008, 09:20 AM
It looks like I am going w/ the UUC Cerametalic clutch. I already have the ltwflywheel. They have recently develped a twin disc but at 2.4K (and it has not been proven to fit SMG as far as I know) I don't want to be the tester.

Old 12-31-2008, 04:12 PM
Gusagain is on a distinguished road
I will also be in the market come summer for a replacement clutch. I am in similar shoes as you DOC, currently running the UUC Stage II Organic hybrid M5 clutch with LWFLW. Keep us informed.

Last edited by Gusagain; 12-31-2008 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:53 AM
I only got 12 k out of the UUC, and it shudders a lot. I don't care about the shuddering, only performance and durability. The shifts are not that fast (.3 seconds) and 12k not that durable. However the price is good (900) and I know it is compatible w/ the UUC ltwtfw.

I really want to go w/ the HPF stage 2 for $1K. I don't want to shell out 600 for the stock flywheel. I just found a site, Bimmerworld that will sell stock flywheels for 300 so I will call them tomorrow.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:09 AM
Gusagain is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
I only got 12 k out of the UUC, and it shudders a lot. I don't care about the shuddering, only performance and durability. The shifts are not that fast (.3 seconds) and 12k not that durable. However the price is good (900) and I know it is compatible w/ the UUC ltwtfw.

I really want to go w/ the HPF stage 2 for $1K. I don't want to shell out 600 for the stock flywheel. I just found a site, Bimmerworld that will sell stock flywheels for 300 so I will call them tomorrow.
Oh man, you didn't keep your OEM FW!
So to run this HPF stage 2 you have to use an OEM fW?
I don't remember what my mileage was when installed, but it was this past spring. I will probably just go with a UUC clutch again, since I have the LWFW.

Good luck and update us on your decision.

Old 01-01-2009, 02:44 PM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
On an NA car the light weight flywheel is fun. Don't really need it on the boosted cars, plus the stock setup is quieter.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:10 AM
Brian@Performance Outfitters is just really niceBrian@Performance Outfitters is just really niceBrian@Performance Outfitters is just really niceBrian@Performance Outfitters is just really nice
For e46 M's making that kind of WHP, I use a custom Clutchmasters clutch/fly pkg. If you want some more info, send me a PM.

Brian

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I need a new clutch