BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

Modded E92 M3 DCT takes on a Stock Cadillac CTS-V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 02:36 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
Thats one fast Caddy. Clearly faster than the M3

Old 10-25-2009, 02:59 PM
Surfer is on a distinguished road
For you to pull on the E55 and have the V pull on you like that, crazy, pretty much my experience. Had an E55 and after driving neighbors auto V I felt the V was much quicker and faster. So another friend ran my neighbors V with his E55 which just had Eisenmann exhaust, no contest, V still stock and with the auto pulled away off the line and from a roll quite easily. I'm more so impressed that with your car hung where it did with the V, nice!

V is going to be a beast with mods, even getting rid of the stupid GM torque mngt makes a huge difference.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:14 PM
KiokenM3 is on a distinguished road
nice runs drew. you held up very well againt the caddy

Old 10-25-2009, 03:19 PM
DLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Surfer
For you to pull on the E55 and have the V pull on you like that, crazy, pretty much my experience. Had an E55 and after driving neighbors auto V I felt the V was much quicker and faster. So another friend ran my neighbors V with his E55 which just had Eisenmann exhaust, no contest, V still stock and with the auto pulled away off the line and from a roll quite easily. I'm more so impressed that with your car hung where it did with the V, nice!

V is going to be a beast with mods, even getting rid of the stupid GM torque mngt makes a huge difference.

Originally Posted by KiokenM3
nice runs drew. you held up very well againt the caddy
Thanks guys, and you both completely understood the results, no doubt I was going to loose to the V, but by how much was the interesting part. Gotta say though I like the CTSV and the owner was very cool. The results make sense as I trapped 118 MPH on the VBOX, and CTSV's have trapped 121 stock!

Old 10-25-2009, 09:15 PM
BLACKC63LSD is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DLSJ5
Got a chance to run a stock CTS-V, rated at 556 BHP and the 4 liter S65 Motor held up well against this monster SC'd V8. The CTS-V owner was very cool, first time I've seen that car up close, I really like it. Enjoy!

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aV9ZbrxXQ4[/url

Added - this run against a stock E55 AMG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqJT7Qk0zN0
Drew, you obviously got off late on the first run and what's with the extra weight by bringing a spectator ? When I was bone stock and we ran, you showed up ready to smoke me (which you did) with no passenger and your back seat was out which makes that caddy appear to be a bit faster than it is!

I think that without the added weight of the passenger, you would be about even to 100mph and that the caddy would expectedly slowly pull away due to it's top end power generated by 556BHP.

Nice runs!

Old 10-26-2009, 02:10 AM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Drew your car did great considering the HP/tourqe advantage of the V. 4.0 L N/A vs 6.2L Supercharged lol.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:04 AM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
Nicely done, you hung right there with him.

I still have love for the CTSv though.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:44 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BLACKC63LSD
Drew, you obviously got off late on the first run and what's with the extra weight by bringing a spectator ? When I was bone stock and we ran, you showed up ready to smoke me (which you did) with no passenger and your back seat was out which makes that caddy appear to be a bit faster than it is!

I think that without the added weight of the passenger, you would be about even to 100mph and that the caddy would expectedly slowly pull away due to it's top end power generated by 556BHP.

Nice runs!

I think he mentioned that both cars had passengers.

Nice runs! Looks like you guys had a great time in Mexico.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:44 PM
DLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BLACKC63LSD

Nice runs!
Hey Bro, we both had passangers. I can still do a custom tune and a muffler, maybe get a bit more out of it, maybe take out the seats, do a LW battery and try a rematch. How you been Bro? Looks like you got some mods, we should do a rematch!

Originally Posted by Jmoney
Drew your car did great considering the HP/tourqe advantage of the V. 4.0 L N/A vs 6.2L Supercharged lol.
Thanks J!

Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
Nicely done, you hung right there with him.

I still have love for the CTSv though.
Thanks Man, with a tune and pulley he's gonna fly!

Originally Posted by SeattleBum
I think he mentioned that both cars had passengers.

Nice runs! Looks like you guys had a great time in Mexico.
Thanks!

Last edited by DLSJ5; 10-26-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:56 PM
ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
Nice runs. That Caddy really moves out. Those cars are pretty easy to modify, a friend of mine has one making over 100 rwhp over stock with bolt-ons and a tune.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:57 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
That was awesome, great runs. The V does have some extra at the top but you gave it a run. I have been looking at an E55 myself with a Kleeman package but maybe the CTSv is the way to go.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:22 PM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Definitely held your own. The torque on the CTS got you a bit on the top end.

Give your M3 some lightweight parts, a couple more ponies, and you will be pulling on him. Looks like it doesn't need that much more!

Old 10-28-2009, 12:54 AM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Originally Posted by AWD
Definitely held your own. The torque on the CTS got you a bit on the top end.

Give your M3 some lightweight parts, a couple more ponies, and you will be pulling on him. Looks like it doesn't need that much more!
Thats not Tourqe its HP. Tourque doesnt do a whole lot at top end.

Old 10-28-2009, 11:22 AM
BenjaminB is on a distinguished road
You guys provide some awesome footage and information , thanks drew
Your M is a beast

Old 10-28-2009, 08:42 PM
playskool1 is on a distinguished road
love your car drew! DCT is amazing! FTW!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Modded E92 M3 DCT takes on a Stock Cadillac CTS-V