BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

My M5 is completed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 10:50 AM
NewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to all
Cool

Originally Posted by jhuang25
Fantastic, you know me and my son. Now go on and continue to neg rep anyone who doesn't live up to your high moral standards. It must be easy to sit behind a computer and judge... I don't condone street racing... but I've done it. Guess you've never sped in that nice M3 of yours...
Yeah because we have mutual friends Jason.

I thought you were cooler than that man.

Anyway, I'm not judging anyone, I'm just trying to spread some common sense. Yes I have a pretty fast car, and despite what you believe, I've NEVER engaged in a street race on a public road. Why would I when I live so close to so many well known drag strips? LACR is pretty close, and some in the SGV too.

I'm not trying to judge you man, but think of kids like Braden, and my own son when you're pushing the pedal to the ground on a public road.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:04 AM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
dude, it's not about me... or whether I personally street race or not. You are on a car forum bro... some race on the track, some race on the streets... you don't have to neg rep every person that breaks the speed limit. That was my point. And yes, I think about my son, and thats one of the reasons I've decided to slow it down on the streets, or at least race on some safer roads "mexico"... and I'm sure you having children influenced you as well. Just take it easy on the thumbs down... not everyone will be on the same page with this. it's called the real world... this world with 5 billion of people just like me would be boring and in your words, "not cool"...

Old 12-22-2009, 11:15 AM
NewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to all
Cool

dude, it's not about me... or whether I personally street race or not. You are on a car forum bro... some race on the track, some race on the streets... you don't have to neg rep every person that breaks the speed limit. That was my point. And yes, I think about my son, and thats one of the reasons I've decided to slow it down on the streets, or at least race on some safer roads "mexico"... and I'm sure you having children influenced you as well. Just take it easy on the thumbs down... not everyone will be on the same page with this. it's called the real world... this world with 5 billion of people just like me would be boring and in your words, "not cool"...
Having a son really matured me, I don't pound on the pedal anymore, and I certainly don't respond to people revving their engine on me at stop lights.

As for giving out thumbs down, I didn't neg rep you. I don't even care about the rep system here. It's kind of trivial.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:19 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Ummm he lives in Bahrain.....did anyone see that....the land of wide open roads and lenient police!

Old 12-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NewSong
What if this guy crashed his awesome M5 into a car full of your precious relatives? Would you still be posting your moronic response?
The point is that he didn't. I bet there are more death related incidents with drunk driving than highway racing. Even with racing, I bet there are more incidents on the streets (with stoplights) than on the highway. In this case these pulls were done on a much more open stretch of road with minimal traffic. You need a new car that tops out at the speed limit.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:43 AM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by jpvarghese
The point is that he didn't.
That's not the point at all. You've completely missed it.

Old 12-22-2009, 01:12 PM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
I understand your point, as did everyone else. There's no need to mention it. Since you are so against it, I would say you completely overpaid for a car that will satisfy your street needs by $40k+.

Old 12-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Thumbs down

I understand your point, as did everyone else. There's no need to mention it. Since you are so against it, I would say you completely overpaid for a car that will satisfy your street needs by $40k+.
So according to your logic, you only buy high performance cars so you can race them on public roads? You know street racing is completely illegal even in a Honda Civic right?

You still don't get it man, and you probably never will because of your unwillingness to accept sound advice and common sense.That's the sad part.

Old 12-22-2009, 01:32 PM
No I buy high performance cars so I can ENJOY them. It doesn't matter if its a road, track, or strip. If there is an open stretch of road with no intersection, lights, and/or minimal traffic you can bet you that I'm going to let her rip. There's no fun in owning a car if you can't use. Not everyone has access to a track or strip. Street racing is illegal, but so is not completely stopping at a stop sign, not yielding to faster moving traffic on the left lane, etc. Congrats. You're an upstanding, law-abiding citizen.

Old 12-22-2009, 01:35 PM
Thumbs down

No I buy high performance cars so I can ENJOY them. It doesn't matter if its a road, track, or strip. If there is an open stretch of road with no intersection, lights, and/or minimal traffic you can bet you that I'm going to let her rip. There's no fun in owning a car if you can't use. Not everyone has access to a track or strip. Street racing is illegal, but so is not completely stopping at a stop sign, not yielding to faster moving traffic on the left lane, etc. Congrats. You're an upstanding, law-abiding citizen.
C'mon man, you're not seriously comparing street racing to "letting it rip" once in a while on the open road, are you?

You're more intelligent than that or do I assume too much?

Old 12-22-2009, 01:46 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
New Song, why don't you clarify what's appropriate then? Let her rip is ok? Street racing is defined by what? racing on the streets but not to exceed the speed limit? Race on the street but as long as no other cars are around and not to exceed the speed limit? Or is speeding ok, as long as it's not speeding "too much"??? How about street racing while texting and holding a beer at the same time? Hilarious. Everyone has their limits... you can define something as legal or illegal, but 100% of every person I know speeds... and so since there is a fine line of what's right and wrong in your opinion... why don't you enlighten this high performance auto forum. And since the OP is from another country and grew up in a different culture... you can let us know what's appropriate for him since it may be be different than our 405 freeway.

Old 12-22-2009, 02:00 PM
Cool

New Song, why don't you clarify what's appropriate then? Let her rip is ok? Street racing is defined by what? racing on the streets but not to exceed the speed limit? Race on the street but as long as no other cars are around and not to exceed the speed limit? Or is speeding ok, as long as it's not speeding "too much"??? How about street racing while texting and holding a beer at the same time? Hilarious. Everyone has their limits... you can define something as legal or illegal, but 100% of every person I know speeds... and so since there is a fine line of what's right and wrong in your opinion... why don't you enlighten this high performance auto forum. And since the OP is from another country and grew up in a different culture... you can let us know what's appropriate for him since it may be be different than our 405 freeway.
I don't know why you're purposefully acting obtuse [.....]. You're supposed to be a responsible adult, and not only that, you're an adult who has a young son.

When [.....] turns 16, would you be okay with him doing what the OP was doing in either video? Ask yourself that, then come back and comment on this thread [.....].

Last edited by bbywu; 12-22-2009 at 04:42 PM. Reason: removed name of underaged forum member's family
Old 12-22-2009, 02:03 PM
returnofcc is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

I don't know why you're purposefully acting obtuse Jason. You're supposed to be a responsible adult, and not only that, you're an adult who has a young son.

When Braden turns 16, would you be okay with him doing what the OP was doing in either video? Ask yourself that, then come back and comment on this thread Jason.
The point is that the guy in the videos slowed down as soon as he saw traffic. He was essentially endangering only himself. If he was crisscrossing through traffic, I would understand, but you're wrong in this instance. Not to mention that this is what is to be expected on a forum like this, so I don't see why you're overreacting.

Old 12-22-2009, 02:07 PM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by returnofcc
The point is that the guy in the videos slowed down as soon as he saw traffic. He was essentially endangering only himself.
That's not the point at all. If someone is blindly shooting a gun in the midst of people, and he stops as soon as people get really close to him, is that okay?

Seriously, how is he only endangering himself? Please explain that line of logic to me. It doesn't seem very well thought out.

Last edited by NewSong; 12-22-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:10 PM
returnofcc is on a distinguished road
How is he only endangering himself? Please explain that line of logic to me. It doesn't seem very well thought out.
Ok, he is endangering himself, the camera man, and the driver of the other car while he is racing. He slows down before the traffic, therefore he never endangers the traffic. If you drive at 150mph 1 mile away from traffic, are you endangering the traffic?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My M5 is completed!