BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

X6M - X5M in SNOW?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Vladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Jmoney
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DuOztuZDiM

Maybe not an M but same ****.. If you want off-road capabilities buy a Range Rover.

Bs range rover went much faster from the roll, I wanna see range rover do it in the same path with same wide sport oriented tires. BS

Old 01-12-2010, 11:13 AM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
i drove my e46 m3 with proper winter setup through a blizzard coming back from Canada. (Blizzaks & Stock 18's) I was the ONLY vehicle on the road and sometimes passed by jeeps (which all ended up in ditches on the side of the road), point is to reiterate what I said in the 2nd post that designated winter set-up is essential for BMW's (CARS) that come with summer performance tires.

Old 01-15-2010, 03:21 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
get the tires. You can also get a set of 18's and snow tires from tire rack and save the M wheels for nicer weather.

Old 01-15-2010, 03:22 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
That X6M is sick with the sakir (sp?) orange interior

Old 01-15-2010, 05:25 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
PM Chris (HIRISC). He has an X5M and has driven it trough this horrible MN winter. I spoke with him this week and he said it was great. (He has Pirelli snows on it)

Old 01-16-2010, 01:37 AM
mcr_driver is just really nicemcr_driver is just really nicemcr_driver is just really nicemcr_driver is just really nice
same as other's just be sure to get some proper snow tires maybe even have chains just incase they're required for certain roads (had that issue going to big bear once) and you should be fine driving with common sense. only reason to get a RR would be for some more serious off roading because you can select a hi or low gear etc....

Old 01-16-2010, 06:18 AM
vitaman will become famous soon enough
Granted I have not driven in deep snow, but my X5M acquitted itself well in a recent ice storm. The full time 4 Wheel drive system that BMW uses made a big difference for me.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:52 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
I LOVE that car...the x6 is just such a cool platform.

Old 01-16-2010, 01:23 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Well, the trigger is pulled. I ordered my car. I went with Sapphire Black Metallic and Sakhir Orange interior. The orange is more like a brick color. It reminds me of my old Boxster with basalt and boxster red. I dove the car and was hooked. Unbelievable power and torque. My delivery is in March and i will not have to worry about snow tires until the following winter. There is plenty of room for golf clubs and travel bags. I don't what the fascination is with loading a vehicle to the gills. I don't have children and their gear to cart around so no issue with the sloping roof. I think the car looks much better than other premium SUVs. Also the decreased mass and lower center of gravity makes for better handling. I have heard that rear visibility is a knock as well. It does have less view than a ranger rover but much more than my Vantage with the roof up which presents me with no trouble. Now the process of patience must set in for the 6 week wait. I will post pics ASAP.

Old 01-16-2010, 06:40 PM
DoctaM3 has a spectacular aura aboutDoctaM3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD
That X6M is sick with the sakir (sp?) orange interior
Definitely. I have done the red interior in a series of BMW and all just stand out!

Originally Posted by vitaman
Granted I have not driven in deep snow, but my X5M acquitted itself well in a recent ice storm. The full time 4 Wheel drive system that BMW uses made a big difference for me.
The winter has sucked so far but the X6M is just rock solid. I got 20" Pirelli Scorpion Ice snow tires and they are AMAZING! This is a must.. don't ride on your performance tires in the winter!

Originally Posted by jaymoney
Well, the trigger is pulled. I ordered my car. I went with Sapphire Black Metallic and Sakhir Orange interior. The orange is more like a brick color. It reminds me of my old Boxster with basalt and boxster red. I dove the car and was hooked. Unbelievable power and torque. My delivery is in March and i will not have to worry about snow tires until the following winter. There is plenty of room for golf clubs and travel bags. I don't what the fascination is with loading a vehicle to the gills. I don't have children and their gear to cart around so no issue with the sloping roof. I think the car looks much better than other premium SUVs. Also the decreased mass and lower center of gravity makes for better handling. I have heard that rear visibility is a knock as well. It does have less view than a ranger rover but much more than my Vantage with the roof up which presents me with no trouble. Now the process of patience must set in for the 6 week wait. I will post pics ASAP.
Congrats! you will not be disappointed!

Originally Posted by sechsgang
I LOVE that car...the x6 is just such a cool platform.
For sure... it just has that look and you watch and see how many other manufacturers copy it... they already started!