BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

Took my M6 vert to Sebring!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 07:37 PM
Tuskir has a spectacular aura aboutTuskir has a spectacular aura about
Took my M6 vert to Sebring!

Just thought I'd share my experience. This was my very first track event (Sebring) and my 100% bone stock M6 cab did very well! I was a little nervous driving a 4,300lb convertible on track at first, but everything held up and I could keep up with most cars other (much lighter!) cars on track no problem. I have to mention that this was novice class, so I'm not sure if I could've kept up with cayman's, corvette's, and m3's if they were driven by skilled drivers. Driving with the roof down was so much fun too! The only real issue was that I felt that the stock continentals held me back a lot and I couldn't really drive the car to its full potential. Brakes were 100% perfect the whole time, zero fade, so I'm not sure why some people complain about stock M brakes. Next time, I'm planning to get Pirelli Pzero Corsa tires. Maybe I will also get some lowering springs to reduce the body roll a little. Maybe some performance mods as well - RPI intakes, pulley, ecu. I went with Chin Motorsports, everything was well organized, I learned a lot, and I highly recommend them

Another cool thing is that they have professional photographers at their events, here's a few pics:

Old 05-03-2010, 08:22 PM
hyboost is on a distinguished road
Saw your car in the garages out at Sebring this weekend. It looked great!

Mark and Chin are a great group with a lot of track time. Glad that you had fun out there. Be careful, its addicting

I've always wondered what it would be like to take my M5 out on track. I always assumed that brakes would be an issue with all the weight and hp, but I guess not.

This was us in the e30 m3, surrounded by some serious Porsche machinery...

Have fun and be safe...

Old 05-04-2010, 08:06 AM
HRD SEL is on a distinguished road
Great shots! Looks like a blast. Those tires look like they've met their match.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:35 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
was it this past weekend - Chin Motorsports??

Old 05-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Tuskir has a spectacular aura aboutTuskir has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by hyboost
Saw your car in the garages out at Sebring this weekend. It looked great!

Mark and Chin are a great group with a lot of track time. Glad that you had fun out there. Be careful, its addicting

I've always wondered what it would be like to take my M5 out on track. I always assumed that brakes would be an issue with all the weight and hp, but I guess not.

This was us in the e30 m3, surrounded by some serious Porsche machinery...

Have fun and be safe...
Thanks! You're right, its very addicting! I'm already signed up for the June event lol

Originally Posted by 2muchtime
was it this past weekend - Chin Motorsports??

Yup

Old 05-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Myclue is a jewel in the roughMyclue is a jewel in the roughMyclue is a jewel in the roughMyclue is a jewel in the rough
that carrera gt is stunning!