BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

2 1M's proudly sold as 'used'

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 04:57 PM
epbrown01 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by V TACH
Again--production of this car is going to end in December. The demand will be greater than the supply for the remaining months this car is manufactured.
Have you got a cite for that claim? From what I've read, BMW has never made a specificstatement about limiting production, either to a certain number of cars or only a single model year.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:37 PM
GreasyGinzo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by epbrown01
Have you got a cite for that claim? From what I've read, BMW has never made a specificstatement about limiting production, either to a certain number of cars or only a single model year.

This version of 1M is very limited but depending on how these few go BMW will make a "1M" in the upcoming F chassis codes possibly as a 2er.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:47 PM
ACRJUD is on a distinguished road
40k over for a m1? makes the 100k over they are asking for thier aventador seem like a good deal.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:53 PM
TR3VOR will become famous soon enough
wow that one i posted earlier sold for $75K

Old 09-09-2011, 09:44 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ACRJUD
40k over for a m1? makes the 100k over they are asking for thier aventador seem like a good deal.
Just saw their Aventador the other day. Stunning but $14k for paint? Whew. They are also asking $50k over for their R8 GT......

Old 09-12-2011, 08:30 PM
BlueShift will become famous soon enough
I work at a BMW dealer in NY and they sold 3 at just at MSRP.. guess they were a steal.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:08 AM
MI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by KK Moto
Just stopped by BMW North Scottsdale. They have a black & orange 1M in their showroom. Both are being sold as used, with 200-300 miles on them. They admitted that their policy is not to sell "new" BMW's over MSRP. So (their logic) was to go drive them around Arizona, put them back in the showroom, and sell them for $69,500 each.

They also shamelessly and proudly informed me how much less they were gouging than that So CA dealer who charged $40k over, but invited my offer.

I know it's what the market will bear, but jeez... astonishing......
guess I'm dense but I've read and re-read the above a number of times and, for the life of me, I can't figure out what the "problem" is with your finding..?

would someone, please, explain.. thanks

Old 09-18-2011, 07:44 AM
roadking will become famous soon enough
I live in the valley and tried to purchase the orange car prior to their latest "strategy". I am a past Penske customer and have purchased 6 new cars from them in the last 5 years, including a couple Porsche's. Their attitude, arrogance and just plain greed is unacceptable. I will never do business with them again.
After explaining my displeasure to the sales manager, he said, "we really hope this doesnt change your attitude about buying from BMW North Scottsdale again", my response, "you guys pay thousands of dollars to acquire new customers, but yet loose them through stupid, greedy sales tactics like this. I am done with you and ALL your dealerships". BTW- sent a letter to Penske and BMW NA management, no response. Pretty sad for a $50K car. F' em.

Old 09-18-2011, 08:39 AM
xlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nice
Well they sold both of them to someone.

Old 09-18-2011, 06:43 PM
golfinz is on a distinguished road
LOL...guess this goes to show there is a market for everything...

Old 09-20-2011, 12:07 PM
MI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to behold
(no answer to my above question, but..) Chapman on Camelback has an Orange/Black 1M adverted on AutoTrader for MSRP..

Old 09-20-2011, 07:26 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MI55LE
(no answer to my above question, but..) Chapman on Camelback has an Orange/Black 1M adverted on AutoTrader for MSRP..
Nothing wrong with the supply/demand equation. However you're defensive position is in the overwhelming minority of opinions that have actually posted to this thread which is likely representative of the broader gearhead population, which are the likely CUSTOMERS who actually pursue this car, not suckers who want the latest fashion accessory at all cost. The point is to point out knuckleheaded dealerships who do dumb things at the expense of turning off customers.

What I was specifically told was contraindicated at the shared Penske Audi of North Scottsdale who is charging $50k over MSRP for their R8GT and $100k over for their Aventador. And guess what, they did not go drive them around the valley because "we don't sell new cars over MSRP"..

So some toolbag GM at BMW North Scottsdale wanted to hotfoot two BMW 1M's and try to dispense the foolhardy policy. Maybe it was you?

Classy; won't be buying from there.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:07 AM
Originally Posted by KK Moto
..you're defensive position is in the overwhelming minority of opinions ..The point is to point out knuckleheaded dealerships who do dumb things at the expense of turning off customers..Maybe it was you?..
pull your knickers out of where they don't belong, sport

there wasn't an "opinion" posted by me (perhaps you've a comprehension problem) - I asked for an explanation of the original post, the insinuation of which I was totally oblivious - none came forth (until your hostile rambling) - I'm still not getting the "let's make it used, in order to justify a higher price" thing - or why any serious buyer would even consider buying, let alone getting so upset..?

I posted the autotrader thing to show anyone, who won't buy from the questionable-tactic dealership, that there are others in the same vicinity who have the car of interest for what they say is MSRP - actually there are a bunch of 1Ms on AT that are listed at MSRP (so, if anyone who's posted on this thread and is seriously interested, take a look)

I drive an '08 M5 and love it - absolutely no reason to be interested in a 1M as a purchase, just like to read these threads

and no, it wasn't me (?????)

Old 09-21-2011, 09:47 AM
Former Vendor
CampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the rough
The MSRP cars on AutoTrader are baits. Call them, you'll get the mark ups.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:03 AM
V TACH is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by CampioniShop1
The MSRP cars on AutoTrader are baits. Call them, you'll get the mark ups.
This is true. The above mentioned Chapman car listed for "MSRP" actually sold for $7500 over MSRP earlier in the week.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2 1M's proudly sold as 'used'