BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

New to 6SO....*E46 M3 Vert content*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 03:03 PM
Cruizer97 is on a distinguished road
New to 6SO....*E46 M3 Vert content*

I've been on so many other forums and just recently found this one, great forum btw. This is my 7th car, 3rd BMW, 1st ///M car. The car is a 2001 E46 M3 Steel Grey on Black, bought with 73,xxx miles COMPLETELY stock but in rough condition, I'm slowly restoring her though.

When I first got it

Now that Spring is here, hardtop is off and a few mods have been added

Attached Images          
Old 04-20-2013, 02:56 PM
Perk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond repute
nice car. wish you would've bought my m3 lol......

Old 04-21-2013, 08:12 PM
Efterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these parts
Welcome to the forum.. good to see another M3 owner. Steel gray is one of my favor colors on the e46. What seems to be "rough" about this m3?

Old 04-22-2013, 08:53 AM
Cruizer97 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Perk10
nice car. wish you would've bought my m3 lol.....
Thanks....just looked up your car.....very, VERY Nice!
Originally Posted by Efterlyst27
Welcome to the forum.. good to see another M3 owner. Steel gray is one of my favor colors on the e46. What seems to be "rough" about this m3?
thank, steel grey is a really cool color...heres a list, hope you're ready for this
- previous owner took the car to Firestone for Oil change and tey put the wrong oil in, then used the wrong washer on the oil drain plug so underneath the car was COATED in oil......Already corrected
- I think she also brought it to some shop for a "noisey rear end" so they did something to the diff and didnt use the right differential fluid, so on u-turns there was a horrible grinding noise.....already corrected
- All 4 tires had gashes in the sidewall......already corrected
- All 4 wheels have horrible curb rash.....Not yet corrected
- Thermostat was stuck open so the car never warmed up to operating temp and there was an open recall for a software update both of which threw a CEL......Already corrected
- Hood looked like she had it washed with sandpaper.....already corrected
- front/rear bumper and passenger side are scratched up.....not yet corrected
- headlight level sensor broken.....on its way in the mail
- Missing fog light covers.....already replaced
- Cheap aftermarket floor mats....In the trash
- every exterior light except headlights have a leak, I only need to replace the tailights now, thinking LED but its an 01 so I'll be going aftermaret
- scratches on various interior bits and pieces, will eventually sort them out.

After fluid changes, fuel filter change, coil packs amd spark plugs replacement its running GREAT. After good wash/clay/wax its starting to look a whole lot better. I feel like Im halfway there, I pretty much did an inspection 2 before any "modding" was done....it still needs minor stuff, my main focus was making sure the engine and drivetrain was some what refreshed and ready for DD duty.