BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

E46 M3 GTR Street Car - Build Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 01:05 PM
TurboDragon will become famous soon enoughTurboDragon will become famous soon enough
I had a lovely portable drive failure. That means the XLS with forum name and which forum of people requesting parts was lost.

I am starting to sell parts off the E90 M3 and the E46 M3. If you are interested in parts, please email directly at norcal.drivers@gmail.com. I know some parts have been claimed but I lost your PM so please email me so I don't have technical failure again. I will post images in the for sale thread and link back to this post.

I know this is a odd request but please help where you can letting people know about parts. The sooner I can sell most of the item the faster I can get this project done and share how to replicate the process.

Here are parts I know that are for sale at the moment. I am willing to ship parts but you of course have to pay for the shipping. If you want to estimate shipping use starting zip of 95662.

**For those in the Bay Area or with in a hour of Sacramento, I have a truck and deliver large items directly to you if you pay for fuel**

S54 Engine W/ Manual Transmission, ECU, wire harness, intake
E46 Front Seats Black
E46 M3 Rear Seats Black
E46 M3 Black front and rear panels
E46 M3 sun roof assembly
E46 M3 Black sunroof head liner
E46 center console
E46 M3 center arm rest
E46 OEM 18's
E46 VMR CSL Wheel Replicas
E46 M3 Side door airbags
E46 M3 Side door airbags form CSL Car
E46 M3 Custom 1M alcatara Door cards front and rear
E46 M3 rear diffuser
E46 VCSL diffuser / Painted steel gray

E90 M3 Stero
E90 M3 Dash Black
E90 M3 Door handles with LED lights
E90 M3 stereo / Bluetooth control module
E90 M3 Trunk
E90 M3 Chassis (once all parts are out of the car (Great platform to build a E90 M3 Truck)
E90 M3 Rear bumper
E90 M3 Side Skirts
E90 M3 Hood
E90 M3 Front Bumper
E90 M3 Suspension
E90 M3 brakes
E90 M3 Winter Wheels & tires
E90 M3 Steering wheel W/Airbag
E90 M3 Front Seats
E90 M3 rear seat
E90 M3 Interior Carbon shadow trim
E90 M3 M3head lights
E90 M3 M3light control switch
E90 M3 Rear end and differential
E90 M3 rear muffler
E90 M3 Steering Rack

Old 09-01-2014, 04:35 PM
TurboDragon will become famous soon enoughTurboDragon will become famous soon enough
OK So the updates have taken a while to get done, sorry about that. With the help of some M3 forum members we have completely stripped down the E90 M3 to just its shell. We also started a little on the E46 to being that tear down and prep. The M3 sadly is in VERY bad shape, more so than I thought. Hopefully it is not so bad I can still use it.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:08 AM
Look at what Mr FedExaclause dropped off for me to take over to the shop. Large box with fragile written all over it. I wonder what it could be.....

Old 09-29-2014, 12:32 PM
Update of the project.

I am sorry to say after the recent trip to Mammoth where I drove the CSL I have fall in out of love with this project. The reason is on the trip my CSL performed so flawless and was such a pleasure to drive I could not see building a GTR which would be close to the same thing. I build cars to drive and use and already owning three cars, this one would be built and rarely driven as it would be close to the CSL.

While my intention was to make this for the 2016 event, I could not see myself long term enjoying the car. I am not building something just to be a garage queen and say I own it.

As I am at the cross roads of sell everything and break even or go full speed ahead, I made the choice to go with sell and break even.
Sorry gang, I know you wanted to see it but I am having too much fun with the CSL and other two cars and I just don’t have the heart to make a car just to sit and collect dust.

I will be posting all the parts from the E90 for sale as well as the E46 chassis car. The E90 has been complete disassembled and all the parts are in good / useable condition as I planned on using them after all.

For those in the Sacramento or Bay Area, I am willing to sell everything at a package deal as well as deliver all the parts. PM if interested in taking over the project.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:23 PM
Apparently I like pain or just need to be busy.

GTR project reboot. New chassis car acquired and new thread will be stared.

Old 09-01-2015, 01:13 PM
Long over due update. I will add more images but chassis car has been de-motored and donor car FINALLY was acquired and is in route from Baltimore. More images to come.

Here is the chassis car as a rally edition E46 M3. Look at all that clearance.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:03 PM
Sorry have not been posting here. More in depth here on build in link below.
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=541839

Basic notes.

Use a 2001-2002 to do the project as where DSC module is, is better
You will need a custom steering shaft
Use of a Z3 Steering rack
Custom mounts
Notch the lower brace
Different F CABS
Extra oil cooler to act as trans cooler

More to come as we work out issues as we make them HAHA

Old 07-02-2016, 04:34 PM
Yes I know lack of updates. Always a time thing or lack there of right now to work. Had some of the shop gang together so we could work on the GTR. What is done in these images.

Engine Mount
Steering mounts
Transmission brace (All oe parts)
Rear sub frame and all new bushings
Diff installed with 4:10 gears