BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

CARFAX cheating

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 11:20 AM
Count Zero is on a distinguished road
CARFAX cheating

Hey guys, a few months back I bought my a 328i for my wife. The car seemed to be problem-free. Squeaky clean Carfax, low mileage plus a modest price. It used to be a rental car, but i didnt really mind.
BUT, then she started hearing these random cluttering noises from under hood. As soon as the car is turned on its like this low key kinda click/sputter noise, and you hear it when you accelerate and decrease speed to a stop. So, naturally I took the car to the service, where I was told that the car has been restored from an accident, and some parts did not fit properly, hence the noise.
Now I was shoked, because I had no idea where did that accident come from. Carfax showed none!
So I tried to check my history with other resources. I've read about this site epicvin.com on other forums, and I decided to try it out. And there it was! The first time my car was sold, it was sold with its front crumpled, the report said collision and i said what tf
After finding out the truth, I decided to pursue Carfax buyback programme, because I don't reallly trust my car anymore, I don'n feel safe in it. And finally, my question is: Has anyone ever gone through buyback? Because I heard, it's not so easy to trade in your car to carfax. Will they take a report from epicvin.com as the proof of an accident?
And also, what parts do you think could also be in danger, after this kind of collsion?
And has anyone ever heard of https://www.epicvin.com/en ? that's the site that provided me with the report, can it be trusted?

Old 05-15-2015, 08:27 AM
Garibaldi is infamous around these partsGaribaldi is infamous around these partsGaribaldi is infamous around these partsGaribaldi is infamous around these partsGaribaldi is infamous around these parts
Never heard of the site reference d, but looks like a great alternative resource. Carfax relies mostly on insurance claims, so if the car was repaired without a claim filed, that might explain why it doesn't show up. It also may mean it wasn't repaired properly.

Old 05-15-2015, 01:53 PM
gordon9898 is a jewel in the roughgordon9898 is a jewel in the roughgordon9898 is a jewel in the roughgordon9898 is a jewel in the rough
That's impressive you were able to find out about the previous accident and actually find a picture of the damage.
I imagine it is extremely difficult to get Carfax to pay you out any $ over this, but good luck to you.

Old 05-17-2015, 09:38 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
This post sounds like an ad for epicvin.com

Old 05-19-2015, 12:06 PM
beemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by djantlive
This post sounds like an ad for epicvin.com
Ah so young, and already so cynical.

If the OP is really shilling for epicVIN, he disguised it well with the bad spelling, confusing text, etc.

My understanding of the Carfax buyback is that if they say it's got a clear title and it does not, then they'll buy the car. Sounds to me like the OP may have a repaired car, but that doesn't mean that it was a total loss or that the title indicated it. Kinda strange, because he'd either have the title and could see it, or he financed it, and most banks won't finance a total loss car, AFAIK.

So the question is, what does it say on the title?

Old 05-28-2015, 10:53 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
That is why for some cars i will just buy new. Yes, used cars may save me money but if the history doesn't seem consistent i walk away like a pound of grass.