BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

$m6 > $m5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 02:30 AM
superfans is on a distinguished road
Question $m6 > $m5

Why is the M6 so much more expensive than the M5? They have the same engine and tranny, right?

Old 11-24-2005, 02:50 AM
Panayiotis will become famous soon enoughPanayiotis will become famous soon enough
I was wondering this myself, from what I can tell its more to do with exclusivity of the m6 as they will be produced in more limited numbers compared to the m5. The car has a carbon fibre roof, and the specs are pretty similar, 2 less doors (which always means more money), but nothing within the spec sheet makes you think its worth the kind of price difference apart from my first point.

Old 11-24-2005, 03:53 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
marketing... M6 will attempt to compete w GT cars like 575M, GT Continental, SL55 etc. Most of the competitive offering are over $120k.

M5's competition is pretty much E55 and RS6. Prices are lower in a sedan.

Old 11-29-2005, 09:30 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
I still think the m5 costs too much.

raja

Old 12-02-2005, 01:27 AM
SpecRaceM5 is on a distinguished road
I just saw my first one in person last week. I had built it up in my mind. Was very excited, but then when I saw it, I was dissapointed. Not that the car wasnt impressive. I think I got to excited though. The e34 m5 touring was alot more impressive for some reason to me. Bottom line, I wouldnt throw it out of bed... I mean I wouldnt turn it down if I got a good deal on one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.