BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

Shop tech wrecks my car on joyride!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 06:05 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't realize that giving you advice to keep quiet and get an attorney was bad advice...

Mr. GM, you might have followed my advice as well.

Old 09-06-2006, 07:49 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by M3Paul-E
OK, I got my car back last week from a very respectable repair shop. They did a great job fixing the car with a total bill of over $16,500, which the dealership paid. The dealership also paid for my car rental and, when necessary, gave me a loaner off their lot.

I immediately had a DV report completed on the car, which will be available for me in about 2-3 days. Initial estimates are over $10K. I will present this to the dealership, along with other reasonable expenses that have been incurred, and see what their reaction is. Based on that this whole episode will either be over or will escalate to a formal suit for increasing damages and a full-blown Consumer Protection Act violation - seeking treble damages, plus all attorney's fees, which is allowable under the Act. This whole escapade could, if I prevail, cost this BMW dealership tens of thousands of dollars.

Hopefully, they will solicit good advice from their attorney and settle this reasonably, as my attorney is simply waiting to get started with them. I think I've been extremely patient thus far, as I basically lost a whole summer with my car (you gotta take what you can get, weather-wise, in Washington).

I'll keep you updated as things develop. Oh, BTW, the GM of the dealership says he is reading these threads and thinks you are all giving me terrible advice and totally wrong!!!
honestly, my only advise for you to do is not to post any thing until it all gets settled in court and there is a judgement. You don't want to make your case weaker by saying something you should in the forum. Not worth it. But i have noticed you did not mention any dealer name, which is good.
Just wish you the best my man.

Old 09-07-2006, 10:47 PM
M3Paul-E is infamous around these parts
Yes, perhaps keeping quiet is best, but my only motivations have been:

(1) make sure I'm not crazy...M3 owNers agree, a wrecked one is NOT worth what one never wrecked is NO MATTER how good the repair is.

(2) See if there were any similar storiesd out there, get advice, etc (there was..see Stuka on another forum...over 100K views and still going...same car, same accident, same excuse, same BS).

(3) a little empathy from other car guys (got it, appreciate it, truly...thanks).

You are correct, I've never mentioned the car dealerships specific name or location. I've never mentioned any names of specific employees. I've never said anything defamatory. Truly, I've never even raised my voice to the GM...but I have said what I will do, and when, if he doesn't comply with my requests. I'm not a tough guy, but I know what's right, I can afford legal advice, I understand the law, and most of all....

I'M PISSED OFF!!!

Old 09-07-2006, 10:52 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by M3Paul-E
Yes, perhaps keeping quiet is best, but my only motivations have been:

(1) make sure I'm not crazy...M3 owNers agree, a wrecked one is NOT worth what one never wrecked is NO MATTER how good the repair is.

(2) See if there were any similar storiesd out there, get advice, etc (there was..see Stuka on another forum...over 100K views and still going...same car, same accident, same excuse, same BS).

(3) a little empathy from other car guys (got it, appreciate it, truly...thanks).

You are correct, I've never mentioned the car dealerships specific name or location. I've never mentioned any names of specific employees. I've never said anything defamatory. Truly, I've never even raised my voice to the GM...but I have said what I will do, and when, if he doesn't comply with my requests. I'm not a tough guy, but I know what's right, I can afford legal advice, I understand the law, and most of all....

I'M PISSED OFF!!!
Hey man, listen alot of us felt extremely bad for you and this horrible situation for many reason's. We all gave you great advice, only thing is you allowed the dealer to fix your car, which a few of us said was crazy, in our position's we wouldnt have accepted it!

I wish you the best and hope you get compensated for the depreciation from the damage , or something along those lines!

Martin

Old 09-08-2006, 11:12 AM
BiggerApe is infamous around these parts
you know IMHO, Paul has been very good to them thus far. He is telling the absolute truth in that he has never even raised his voice at them! I know if I was put in the same place, I would not have had such control! It just floors me though that up to this point, they have not admitted that they've done anything wrong (on or off the record) and have not man'ed up. There's a lot of professional and business folks on this forum and I would wager that all of us have fumbled at least once. In my opinion, it's not the fumble that defines you as a man, it's what you do to fix it! What's funny (not) about this situation is that they STILL have the opportunity to do the right thing and save face... I guess we'll have to wait and see.