BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

Yokohama Advan Neova for an M3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Antonio_Spain will become famous soon enough
Yokohama Advan Neova for an M3

Hi,

I have a 2005 M3 Cab and have to replace the tires. Any of you have any experience with Yokohama Advan Neova AD07. I have read some excelent reviews in the web. What do you think?

Old 12-09-2006, 08:21 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I've heard great things about them, too. Unfortunately I don't know anyone actually with them... Good luck. I really don't think you could go wrong with them. I considered them for my S4, but the PS2 is too good to pass up.

Old 12-10-2006, 12:44 AM
helothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura about
Neovas are very nice. imho Neovas are better than PS2.
They are nice for track and street driving.
they last longer too.
however for M3's ive never seen them with neovas but most of people with PS2s.

Old 12-10-2006, 01:44 AM
eshaun will become famous soon enougheshaun will become famous soon enough
hows the performance in the wet and crappy gravel roads

Old 12-10-2006, 07:31 AM
Antonio_Spain will become famous soon enough
PS2 was my first choice, but there is no size for the 18" wheels that I have. Anyway if you go here

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....VAN+Neova+AD07

you´ll see the reviews. Are excelent...

Old 12-10-2006, 09:17 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
The tire is growing more and more in popularity all the time. As more people give them a try the reviews will get stronger. The Advan's only real problem right now is that the PS2 is so good most people would rather spend the money on a more known product. The Advan is a better tire than the PS2 in hard dry driving, but sacrifices wear and noise to give it to you. Every tires have tradeoffs, but overall they are very good.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 12-10-2006, 10:44 AM
bond will become famous soon enough
I have AD07's on my 996tt and had switched from Michelin Pilots. Yes, grip and control is amazing, but this is a very unrefined tire - lots of strange vibration modes I.E. during acceleration, but not cruising and general vibration harshness that the Michelins never had. I have had these tires re-balanced, checked for runout and repositioned on the rims and I have concluded that they have inherent vibration issues on the 996tt (AD07 on stock rims). When I switch back to my old Michelins (second set also on stock rims), all issues disappear. Sometimes I get vibration at 88-95 mph, sometimes smooth. I tried to corrolate this with tire temp (I am So Cal, where its relatively warm though) but there is no pattern.

I really dislike the strange vibration issues, yet the handling and control is the best I have experienced. If you are sensitive to vibration, stay away from this tire on the 996tt. If you want to transform its handling and control to near race car levels, buy them...

Bond

Last edited by bond; 12-10-2006 at 10:47 AM.