BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

Warning to All 996TT and GT2 owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 12:06 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
The GT2 come "wink wink" massively undertuned. They are designed from the ground up to be as close as possible to a true street legal sports car.

Old 01-05-2007, 12:29 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
I cant believe this is still going!

Old 01-05-2007, 12:33 AM
pakisho is on a distinguished road
LACR is absolute mess of a track to run at. 11.9@123 is very respectable there.

Old 01-05-2007, 12:36 AM
orijinal_poser is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by phillym5
And thats a stock CSL.
LOL!!!!

being that this is a porsche board, of course there are many elitists

Old 01-05-2007, 12:39 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
I just dont get it, i LOVE BMW and i LOVE PORSCHE. But how are people going to argue that BMW is just as much of a sports car out of the box as comparable Porsche's?!?!?!?

Old 01-05-2007, 12:44 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
I just dont get it, i LOVE BMW and i LOVE PORSCHE. But how are people going to argue that BMW is just as much of a sports car out of the box as comparable Porsche's?!?!?!?
+1...........

Old 01-05-2007, 12:50 AM
Henjie is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by phillym5
And thats a stock CSL.
A stock CSL, which means it's running on R-compound tires (MPSC). That's worth at least 5 secs. right there, could be a bit more. The 996 GT2 was on street tires (Pirelli PZero Rosso, I believe), and it's the Mk1 version, not the slightly more powerful Mk2.

Old 01-05-2007, 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by Henjie
A stock CSL, which means it's running on R-compound tires (MPSC). That's worth at least 5 secs. right there, could be a bit more. The 996 GT2 was on street tires (Pirelli PZero Rosso, I believe), and it's the Mk1 version, not the slightly more powerful Mk2.
The M3 CSL was indeed on MPSC's, the CSL is awesome though, i love that damm car and M3's in general!

GT2 for an MK1 is very quick, wow, and street tires for a GT2 are Michelin PS1's

Old 01-05-2007, 12:53 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Well you showed me yours, so here is what I have. http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...11%20Turbo.jpg

I am told that it is one of the healthier running basic mod TTs. Remember, chip, exhaust and intake only. Running a pump flash on 91 octane. 80 degree day.

LACR is a BAD track at altitude. Very slippery and the dust that blows all the time in the desert is no help. Your times are very good considering.

I have driven my M3 at Willow back to back with a 996 (non turbo) and can tell you that even a stock Porsche has so much more turn-in.

Anyhoo. I think anyone that has owned an M3 has come away thoroughly impressed.

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 01-05-2007 at 12:57 AM.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:15 AM
.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold
lol this is funny. and no one is actually scared, guess it's back to the drawing board

Old 01-05-2007, 01:18 AM
dcam is on a distinguished road
PSSHHHHHT! It is time to let all of the hot air out of this thread. I'm new to this forum and I can't believe this thread is this long. I'm gonna love this place!

Old 01-05-2007, 01:21 AM
ashokn225 has a spectacular aura aboutashokn225 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by orijinal_poser
LOL!!!!

being that this is a porsche board, of course there are many elitists

Wow. Is this information from a reputable source? Sorry for my ignorance but I find it amazing that the fastest one around the track is the GT2. Or even still, that the M3 CSL is on par with the Murcielago and the M3 is faster than the RS4 around the track?

EDIT: Noticed that the CGT is the fastest around.

Old 01-05-2007, 01:27 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ashokn225
Wow. Is this information from a reputable source? Sorry for my ignorance but I find it amazing that the fastest one around the track is the GT2. Or even still, that the M3 CSL is on par with the Murcielago and the M3 is faster than the RS4 around the track?

EDIT: Noticed that the CGT is the fastest around.
I just dont understand how a CSL is 32 seconds faster than a regular m3, what's up with that?

Old 01-05-2007, 01:28 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by ashokn225
Wow. Is this information from a reputable source?
er... that list is from germany's SPORT AUTO. with all due respect, its pretty difficult to come up with sources more respectable and reputable than that, where Euro supercars and roadcourses are concerned.

they're the only publication i know that maintains a database of laptimes at two very distinct types of tracks-- Hockenheim for a short track, and the Nordschleife, which as we know is the daddy of all tracks.

they employ some heavy hitter drives too, so no worries about the cars not being driven at their limits.

Old 01-05-2007, 01:35 AM
justdumb will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by F**K
Someone needs to start a Veyron owners forum so all these clowns can go over there and tell them how stupid they are for not buying a modded ________ and investing the other million or so in real estate or whatever.
Wait, wait, wait... I take it back.

Stage 1 will probably be called "HPF 800" because that's what it will be making (in bhp). Stage 2 will probably be called the "HPF 1000". Stage 2 will include pistons / rods and a few other goodies and will easily make 1000bhp.
These guys need to go over to Viper Alley and tell them to beware M3s making PSHHH sounds.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Warning to All 996TT and GT2 owners