BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

Time to compare, E92 //M Vs. RS4 Vs. C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 02:29 PM
OMFS27 is on a distinguished road
But, yea...if I have to choose one out the 3, it would be an RS4 because I need AWD, a space and 4 doors. Unless new M3 can convince me that it is more fun than a GT3
How about the e90 M3??? I'm waiting for that bad boy...

Old 07-04-2007, 03:10 PM
BAD ASH is on a distinguished road
M3 but an RS5 would be aweome, love the look of the S5 but needs more power.

Old 07-04-2007, 03:57 PM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
c63 and u tune the engine the right way it will walk on sl 55amgs and m3s

Old 07-04-2007, 04:01 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
ok so if you want looks get the rs4, if you want more performance the m3 it is. audis to me have always underachieved. i mean you thing 4.2 liter fsi v8 with 420 hp and high revving in the audi. you think its gonna be fast but it can barely keep pace in a straigh with a base 997 and prob just edge out a cayman s, both of which have significantly less hp, but then that gets you to the point of why is this car so damn heavy? yea, its got AWD but the rs4 is a pig at like 3800-3900 lbs, thats ridiculous. while some bmws are that heavy, they at least have the firepower to back them up, ala the m5 and m6 which are still gems performance wise and engine wise. i dont see audi winning an internation engine awards.

Old 07-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
ok so if you want looks get the rs4, if you want more performance the m3 it is. audis to me have always underachieved. i mean you thing 4.2 liter fsi v8 with 420 hp and high revving in the audi. you think its gonna be fast but it can barely keep pace in a straigh with a base 997 and prob just edge out a cayman s, both of which have significantly less hp, but then that gets you to the point of why is this car so damn heavy? yea, its got AWD but the rs4 is a pig at like 3800-3900 lbs, thats ridiculous. while some bmws are that heavy, they at least have the firepower to back them up, ala the m5 and m6 which are still gems performance wise and engine wise. i dont see audi winning an internation engine awards.
Now you're WAAAAAY off target. Hmmm 4.2L that makes 420 hp... I think that's 100hp/L, the benchmark of an efficient and powerful N/A engine. Jeremy Clarkson (no fan of 99.9% of Audis) loves the RS4 and says it might have the best engine of all time. Finally, having owned a Carrera S, I can assure that the RS4 will crush a base Carrera or Cayman S. No question in my mind.

Your words are decidedly the words of a hater.... The new M3 and C63 will be a lot of fun, but I am reserving judgement until I see/drive them.

Old 07-04-2007, 06:38 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Now you're WAAAAAY off target. Hmmm 4.2L that makes 420 hp... I think that's 100hp/L, the benchmark of an efficient and powerful N/A engine. Jeremy Clarkson (no fan of 99.9% of Audis) loves the RS4 and says it might have the best engine of all time. Finally, having owned a Carrera S, I can assure that the RS4 will crush a base Carrera or Cayman S. No question in my mind.

Your words are decidedly the words of a hater.... The new M3 and C63 will be a lot of fun, but I am reserving judgement until I see/drive them.
you man call it hate, but it def not, not when i said i would take one, but in terms of performance, they always play second fiddle to BMW. anyone on here will back me up. lets see..e46 333 hp from a 3.2 liter I6, thats 104.X hp per liter. better than the v8 of audi. and also, the new e92 engine, 4.0 liter with 420 hp, and yet again better than audi and it prob weighs a good amount less too, considering it weighs 30 lbs less than the outgoing 3.2 liter I6 from the e46. and is it also why the 3.2 liter I6 won the international engine award 5 years in a row. ask jerermy clarkson to choice wether hed have a CSL engine or an RS4 engine and i dont think audi would fair too well. think its hate if you want, but i have respect for the car, but when you want the pinnacle of performance short of buying a Porsche, you buy an M. well see how well the rs4 fairs when the e92 coupe AND e90 sedan put it down both put down better numbers, and from what ive seen of the e90 sedan, its great looking too!

Old 07-04-2007, 06:40 PM

and theres no way an rs4 handles as well as a base 997 or cayman s, so youre off on that one. maybe straight line, but thats about it. what do rs4's trap anyway. the only test i was was that it trapped 109, which is the same as a base 997 and only 2 mph slower than a cayman s, so its not as far off as u may think.

Old 07-04-2007, 07:01 PM
1q2w3e4r is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by datax
But, yea...if I have to choose one out the 3, it would be an RS4 because I need AWD, a space and 4 doors. Unless new M3 can convince me that it is more fun than a GT3.
You could always buy the M3 in 4 doors though

It's lobbing in 4 door varient as well.

Personally I'd go with the M, you just know its going to kick **** and that BMW have had time to check out the RS4 before they drop the upcoming M.

That said, having owned AMG's as well they are a awesome bit of kit and a great cruiser/highway car. Obviously most people have more than one car here so it's worthwhile considering on a comfort/luxury features merit.

Old 07-04-2007, 08:51 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
i have not driven the RS4, but i know from the audis ive driven and all the reviews and friends who have that the RS4 is not anything special. blah blah blah fanboy stuff
You already said you haven't driven the RS4, so don't you think it's a little silly to rail against it so hard? I think the new M3 will be sweet, if a little boring looking. There's no denying the tech, but at the same time, there's no reason to slam a car you have no personal experience with in order to "prop up" the car you like. It's that "BMW or nothing" attitude that has kept me from ever buying a BMW - I don't want to get lumped in with that mentality. I buy what's good and what works for me.

Old 07-04-2007, 09:53 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
drive the rs4 dude
this bmw/audi crap has to end

bmw is great in one thing, and audi is great in another
you have to understand what kind of technology is in the rs4, FAR more than that of an e60 m5

the RS4 handles amazingly
it's all relative to how you drive

if you amateur drivers go around a track in a porsche 911 , bmw m3, and audi rs4, the driver in the rs4 will win because the car is so easy to control ....

stop letting other people think for you, and that "bmw" mentallity has to stop

this is 2007 ... Audi is at the top of their game...
not that it matters, BUT, audi hater's like Jeremy Clarkson are going CRAZY over the RS4

also, i just sold a lamborghini to the OWNER of a publishing company that publishes one of our favorite car magazines..

the guy drives an audi S8... i asked him how on earth his people found the 335 better than an rs4 ?

he smiled and said to count how many pages bmw has in their magazine vs how many audi does...

not trying to start anything, but i promise if you took off your BMW cap, you would be pleasantly surprised by what Audi has to offer

Old 07-04-2007, 11:53 PM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r
You could always buy the M3 in 4 doors though

It's lobbing in 4 door varient as well.
4 doors M3 does sound sweet but I would also want an AWD if the car gonna have 4 doors, lots of space and gonna be my primary ride for all season. I was disappointed that they are not bringing in RS4 Avants to US. That would have been more purposeful vehical.

Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r

Personally I'd go with the M, you just know its going to kick **** and that BMW have had time to check out the RS4 before they drop the upcoming M.
Yea, I also heard that one of the main goal of the new M3 is be faster than a RS4 everywhere except on ice. That's their target to shoot.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:10 AM
You already said you haven't driven the RS4, so don't you think it's a little silly to rail against it so hard? I think the new M3 will be sweet, if a little boring looking. There's no denying the tech, but at the same time, there's no reason to slam a car you have no personal experience with in order to "prop up" the car you like. It's that "BMW or nothing" attitude that has kept me from ever buying a BMW - I don't want to get lumped in with that mentality. I buy what's good and what works for me.
actually, i dont think its BMW or nothing. in stock form, i dont think even the e46 is anything special. fun and good but not great. id take a stock 996 or 997 carrera over one any day. id also take a stock cayman s over one any day too, but once you mod its a different story. i have no desire to drive an rs4, it looks good, but it doesnt excite me. maybe ill go test one and then report back on how it was. without a doubt the new m3 is going to be everything the rs4 is (except without awd and 2 doors) and much more. i personally think the new m3 is anything great either. what would be good would be to throw bmws engine and drivetrain and rwd into the rs4 and thats a car i would REALLY want. my judgement is based on the fact that audis ive driven have not been all that fun to drive. i mean i could jump in boxster and have more fun personally. dont like the front weight bias that leads to massive understeer on their atrocously heavy cars and dont like their awd system either. no matter how much you try those are my findings from driving an audi, whether its an a6 or s4.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by Steve K MMC
drive the rs4 dude
this bmw/audi crap has to end

bmw is great in one thing, and audi is great in another
you have to understand what kind of technology is in the rs4, FAR more than that of an e60 m5

the RS4 handles amazingly
it's all relative to how you drive

if you amateur drivers go around a track in a porsche 911 , bmw m3, and audi rs4, the driver in the rs4 will win because the car is so easy to control ....

stop letting other people think for you, and that "bmw" mentallity has to stop

this is 2007 ... Audi is at the top of their game...
not that it matters, BUT, audi hater's like Jeremy Clarkson are going CRAZY over the RS4

also, i just sold a lamborghini to the OWNER of a publishing company that publishes one of our favorite car magazines..

the guy drives an audi S8... i asked him how on earth his people found the 335 better than an rs4 ?

he smiled and said to count how many pages bmw has in their magazine vs how many audi does...

not trying to start anything, but i promise if you took off your BMW cap, you would be pleasantly surprised by what Audi has to offer
no offense man, but critizing people for being all over bmw is a bit hypocritical because everytime ive seen a thread like this, you act like audi raised you and jump all over everyone and anyone who says even one thing they dont like about audi. and i highly doubt the rs4 has more technology than the new m5.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:24 AM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
Here's a head to head review of RS4, M3 and C55. Interesting read and nicely written.

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/carg...cedes_c55.html

Last two paragraphs sum up the review.

Last edited by datax; 07-05-2007 at 12:26 AM.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:54 AM
maybe ill go test one and then report back on how it was.

my judgement is based on the fact that audis ive driven have not been all that fun to drive.

no matter how much you try those are my findings from driving an audi, whether its an a6 or s4.
My point was that all of these comments are based on zero experience with the car. Using your logic, the R8 must suck, too, right?

Personally, I can't wait to drive the new M3 and C63 - they both look like awesome cars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Time to compare, E92 //M Vs. RS4 Vs. C63