Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Teaser pic/w AWE-Tuning Exhaust installed....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 04:42 PM
TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by invncble
BTW, would you happen to have any more pics of it?

It meaning what? The exhaust? Cayman? TT?

Old 04-22-2008, 05:24 PM
Karrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to all
I am also considering the AWE for my CS; along with the Borla for right now. Always had Milltek on my Audi's but I don't like their systems for the the Cayman.

I have to say, I actually visited the Fabspeed site when he posted here, but thought it was a bit tacky to keep going with his products. However, you got a little teed off for him calling you buddy...then you turn around and call someone "bro."

Old 04-22-2008, 06:22 PM
TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Karrera4
I am also considering the AWE for my CS; along with the Borla for right now. Always had Milltek on my Audi's but I don't like their systems for the the Cayman.

I have to say, I actually visited the Fabspeed site when he posted here, but thought it was a bit tacky to keep going with his products. However, you got a little teed off for him calling you buddy...then you turn around and call someone "bro."

Calling someone "Buddy" when there has been an obvious confrontation with them is just another way to antagonize the person. Someone who I'm friendly with calling me Buddy, Bro, or Pal is much different from someone who I just had words with calling me by these names. Also, I could care less what he calls me.....just thought it was unbecoming of a company representative to act in such a manner...know what I mean?

On a lighter note....I agree with you on your assertion of the Milltek unit. I have had their systems on numerous Audi's (2 A4's and my TT). But, like you, I don't think it's right for my Cayman.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:10 AM
invncble is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TighTT
It meaning what? The exhaust? Cayman? TT?
Sorry,

I mean pics of the TT.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:05 AM
Karrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to all
Does AWE make cats also? I'm not sure I would get them right off the bat, but sometime in the future when I relegate the Cayman to be strictly a toy.

TighTT, I believe I remember you from the Audiworld boards. I used to have a modded TT-R. Are you affiliated with AWE at all - based on you putting their website in your sig, I was just curious.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:57 AM
dubaudi has a spectacular aura aboutdubaudi has a spectacular aura aboutdubaudi has a spectacular aura about
Joey:

Where are your Cayman exhaust systems produced??
Originally Posted by Joey@fabspeed
All exhaust systems are produced at Fabspeed Motorsports in beEAautiful Ambler, PA.
U.S. International Trade LAW requires that any domestic company selling a product manufactured in any country other than the United States disclose the country of origin of that product. Failure to do so can result in HUGE penalties and there have even been certain cases where companies were forced to cease importing those products, automotive and otherwise.

I'm sure Joey is being honest. Knowing the consequences, I doubt anyone would take the chance.

Just so you know I'm not making this up...here's just a brief quote from title 7, chapter 38, subchapter IV, section 1638a of US International Trade guidelines....

Except as provided in subsection (b) of this section, a retailer of a covered commodity shall inform consumers, at the final point of sale of the covered commodity to consumers, of the country of origin of the covered commodity.

Last edited by dubaudi; 04-23-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:58 AM
b29pb is on a distinguished road
looks fabulous !

Old 04-23-2008, 08:08 AM
TighTT, I believe I remember you from the Audiworld boards. I used to have a modded TT-R. Are you affiliated with AWE at all - based on you putting their website in your sig, I was just curious.

Nope...not affiliated.
I called Fab about an exhaust for my Cayman a while ago and they treated me like I was buying a used car. They asked for my CC number before even telling me the price of the unit...which I found a bit presumptuous.

I have dealt with AWE for many moons. They are stand-up guys who take care of their customers......I support folks like this.

As for Audi's....you probably do remember me. I have been on Audiword for over 10 years....since before it was even called Audiworld.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:15 AM
Nope...not affiliated.
I called Fab about an exhaust for my Cayman a while ago and they treated me like I was buying a used car. They asked for my CC number before even telling me the price of the unit...which I found a bit presumptuous.

I have dealt with AWE for many moons. They are stand-up guys who take care of their customers......I support folks like this.

As for Audi's....you probably do remember me. I have been on Audiword for over 10 years....since before it was even called Audiworld.
Awesome, it is nice to see someone supporting a company simply because they have had great experience with them. I am seriously considering an AWE exhaust, and this thread has only reinforced that.

Right now my mod list is this: LSD, Exhaust, Softronic plenum

In that order cause there is no point in having more power considering it already has trouble putting it down.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by invncble
Sorry,

I mean pics of the TT.

Sure: She's going up for sale soon.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:20 AM
looking good. I had the Dahlback intake manifold...what a great addition to that car. It was the last mod I did before I sold it...and it was amazing.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:20 AM
Awesome, it is nice to see someone supporting a company simply because they have had great experience with them. I am seriously considering an AWE exhaust, and this thread has only reinforced that.

Right now my mod list is this: LSD, Exhaust, Softronic plenum

In that order cause there is no point in having more power considering it already has trouble putting it down.
I hear ya. I cant wait to get my hands on the Softronic Plenum and tuning. LSD is something I have to research a bit more. I only really drive on the street with my CS.....so I have to research the positives and negatives to that mod.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:50 AM
Andyuk9112 is on a distinguished road
Very nice TT ... have you had any probs with the MAF and the GruppeM ?
Thanks

Old 04-25-2008, 05:31 AM
invncble is on a distinguished road
That is one beautiful TT.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:47 AM
Originally Posted by Andyuk9112
Very nice TT ... have you had any probs with the MAF and the GruppeM ?
Thanks

Nope...no issues.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Teaser pic/w AWE-Tuning Exhaust installed....