Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport / sport chrono package exhaust question.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 08:08 AM
P-DUB is on a distinguished road
Sport / sport chrono package exhaust question.

I have a 2007 Boxster. It has the sport / sport chrono package, with the 6 speed, lap time and sport / PASM. When you poke the sport button, it tightens up the suspension and changes the exhaust note / throttle sensitivity (as far as I can tell). My question is, does something in the exhaust move to make the change in sound, or something outside of the exhaust. Or maybe my question is, if i put on another exhaust, will this sport button still change the exhaust tone, or will that be gone by removing the stock exhaust? It sounds pretty good in sport mode, but I sure have the hots for the way the Borla and Remus sound. Any help here?

Attached Images  
Old 05-07-2008, 05:18 PM
OK, I gather either my questions is rediculous, or no one knows the answer. Heres another one. Does any body know if someone makes a twin 4" tip that will go on the factory system? I could buy the tip, and skip the cost of an exhaust all together. Any help on that?

Old 05-07-2008, 06:56 PM
GCB
GCB is on a distinguished road
The sport exhaust is a cat back system that has a "butterfly" valve within the pipes that switches the exhaust fumes through the less baffles section of the muffler with gives it a more sporty 'gutteral' sound. There are also vaccuum lines that work off the engine for speed specific sounds based on RPM and vacuum changes/demands on the engine.

If you change the exhaust system, you will lose the sport button activation and thus lose that set-up. I don't know how that will interact with your sport chrono though. I assume the exhaust doesn not interact with that.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:04 AM
That is not what I wanted to hear, but i figured that would be the answer. Moving on to come up with a nice set of 4" twin tips, maybe titanium looking?

Old 05-08-2008, 09:41 PM
lawrence is on a distinguished road
The sport chrono package alters the engine/throttle mappings only. You might also hear the exhaust tone change slightly.

There is another package call Porsche sport exhaust package which GCB describes.

To test if you have Porsche sport exhaust PSE, let the car idle and change to sport mode. You will hear the exhaust tone change significantly. With either system, you can put in aftermarket exhaust. If you are planning of tracking your car make sure the exhaust is quiet enough.

Last edited by lawrence; 05-08-2008 at 09:43 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:13 AM
Lawrence,

Thanks for the info. I need to pull out the sticker on this thing and figure out just exactly what I have, but your first discription sounds more like what I have than an all out change in exhuast. Damn, Now i am back to spending 1500 on a pipe!

Old 05-09-2008, 11:02 AM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
P-Dub

I have The Chrono Sport With PSM and (Max RPM) Put a Remus Exhaust on my car 10 months ago and Everything works Absolutely PERFECT although it did cost me over 2k with installation but worth every cent in my opinion .Thanks Alex

Old 05-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Porschepet,

Thanks for the info, that sounds like what I have as well. How do you like the Remus system? Any sound clips?

Old 05-09-2008, 04:09 PM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
P-Dub

Video: SharkWerks Cayman S with Remus Exhaust ( 1 2) there is one 2 threads below yours . I also have 3 on You tube just type in porsche cayman Remus.There are a lot of good exhaust out there and everyone has their opinions on what is best and I have learned NEVER to bash on someone elses choice of Exhaust its almost like calling his wife ugly people take it Personally. So to each is own ..I did a lot of Research and went with what my porsche tuner recomended and I thank him everytime I see him for recomending the REMUS .So if you like HOT sound with close to 20HP increase for around 2K installed then that is my sugestion.Take a look at the video and you tell me ok ..

Old 05-10-2008, 08:41 AM
P-dub

Hey I really like your 914 as well .Dont see too many around these days Especially the 6 . hows it run?

Old 05-10-2008, 09:15 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
sport crono bole to

Attached Images  
Old 05-12-2008, 07:55 AM
Porschepet,

Thankd for the thumbs on the six. It's old, it's loud, it's rought, it smells like and old sports car, what else can i say, I love it and it puts a smile on my face everytime i pull out of the garage in it! On the Boxster exhaust, I have narrowed it down to the Borla and the Remus. I like the sounds of the Remus just a little better, but it's about $1750. i like the sounds of the Borla, just slightly less, but i can get it with 4" tips to fill the hoel in the Boxsters bumper better, and I can get that for $1300. I am leaning toward the Borla right now for looks and cost, but If I could find the Remus for $1300, I would probably be int there. Any ideas where to get a decent deal on the Remus?