Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hamann Body kit for Boxster?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 09:33 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
JD,

I personally think it looks good. what i've seen in the past that i wasn't really liking was when they had the gt2 or gt3 style bumper on the front, but with no side skirts or rear bumper, so it appeared front end heavy. i'm a huge fan of the techart boxster widebody kit.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:49 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Johnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to behold
Boxster Girlie,
Thanks for your feed-back. The yellow boxster is actually mine. I just finished up the project about 2 weeks ago. After researching and scrutinizing just about every after-market bumper and side-skirt combo out there, I chose the Hamann. It seems that everyone is making some variation of the GT3 or GT2 look for the boxster. Whereas the Hamann seemed unique, more of a signature piece.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:53 PM
Gary in BR is infamous around these parts
I think body kits for the Boxster are a choice of personal style. I have a gt3 front bumper on mine. I love others hate it.

Do what ever one you like.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:03 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger
DrwVIP,

If you are seriously considering the Hamann pieces, I would caution you to speak with me first. I would be happy to share with you my experiences with both the product and the company.
Johnny
why not share it with everyone

Old 04-02-2009, 07:57 PM
second2none is infamous around these parts
Not really feeling the kit.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:28 AM
mwh27 is infamous around these parts
I'm looking at the Hamann kit for a 996 but can't find much info about it at all.

Can you tell me what material the boxster kit was made of? I've been told Kevlar, fiberglass and urethane by different distributors.

Also, I'd love to get some insight into how it all fit, quality, etc.

I'm at mwh27@***.net if you want to send me a private message. I'm a newbie here so I can't PM.

Thanks for any help!!

Old 06-05-2009, 02:12 PM
mrfva is infamous around these parts
Talking

Originally Posted by wingnut2u
Here is mine, Caractere front bumper, TechArt side skirts and Gemballa rear bumper, along with spoiler and speedster humps. Since this pic I have also painted the wheels, the spokes are black with matching guards red paint on the lip of wheel

I love what you've done to your Boxster! Hopefully, I'll see it around Dallas
sometime. I haven't been active on this forum until lately. I've just set my
sights on either a 986 Boxster or a 987 Cayman for my next project.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
Wow!! The red color of that Boxster is awesome.

Is that Ferrari Rosso? Anyone know?

Old 10-24-2009, 04:56 PM
streetracer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
why not share it with everyone
just what I was thinking, did you have any problems with that kit?

Old 11-10-2009, 05:16 AM
smshirk is infamous around these parts
My 01 Boxster S is at Jake Raby's flat6innovations getting the 3.6 upgrade with L&N Engineering nickies, pistons, the whole works. I am trying to decide on a body kit to match the performance. I am considering the Xtreme Motorcars 997 GT3 like front and rear bumpers, or having seen this Gemballa rear on the red Boxster here, I really like it better, but not sure the car would be balanced. Also considering the Gemballa side skirts with air scoops at the bottom. Any suggestions, or any experience working with Xtreme Motorcars? Thanks

Old 11-10-2009, 05:53 AM
streetracer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by smshirk
My 01 Boxster S is at Jake Raby's flat6innovations getting the 3.6 upgrade with L&N Engineering nickies, pistons, the whole works. I am trying to decide on a body kit to match the performance. I am considering the Xtreme Motorcars 997 GT3 like front and rear bumpers, or having seen this Gemballa rear on the red Boxster here, I really like it better, but not sure the car would be balanced. Also considering the Gemballa side skirts with air scoops at the bottom. Any suggestions, or any experience working with Xtreme Motorcars? Thanks
I really like the GT3 look! Don't have any experience with Xtreme Motorcars, sorry.