Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Too Young for a Loaner?!?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Dr.Confused is on a distinguished road
Too Young for a Loaner?!?!

I was at Schneider & Nelson Porsche Dealership today in Long Branch, NJ to get some things serviced on my car and the guy who worked there told me I was too young to get a loaner car. He told me you had to be 25. So I called my friend who is in Law School and who had previously had an Audi with this same dealership and he told me they used to give him a loaner when he was 17!!!

Can someone tell me if there is a mistake or if I should or should not be getting a loaner. Does anyone know anything about this?!?!

Old 07-22-2009, 03:54 PM
NeunElf will become famous soon enough
Some rental car companies specify no rentals to anyone under 25, that is pretty standard in major airports etc, but if you're a customer you should ask your sales guy about this...

Old 07-22-2009, 04:24 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
I have been renting cars since i was 21....i recall paying more in certain instances.

I also have been getting loaner cars since i was 21 (when i got my first car out of college) --- no questions asked.

I would have asked to speak to the guys manager. Sounds like someone was being a PITA!

Old 07-22-2009, 06:51 PM
notquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud of
discretion and policy.

the bmw dealership i've gone to gave me loaners since i was 17. then they started using Hertz Rent-A-Car service, and all of a sudden it was 25. your dealership can overlook the age limit and give you a loaner, but likely not the rent-a-car service that will be more stickler with their policies.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:45 AM
jhp012 will become famous soon enough
yeah insurance policies is what changes everything. also depends if its a in house vehicle or outside company

Old 07-24-2009, 06:24 PM
Dr.Confused is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the help guys! The dealership was at least nice enough to drop the car off at my house. I will definitely bring up the question if they have "in house" loaners next time.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:35 PM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
I know the dealership well. I've purchased Audis from them. It is probably their insurance policy. Don't forget, it's NJ!! We live in a very, very litigious area of the country.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:45 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
i doubt that they would deny your loaner for no reason. however, they could have offered to pay the extra insurance money to get you a rental at least.

when i was under 25, i had VIP cards from rental companies that waived any hassles because of the corporate rates i had. avis, national, hertz all do that.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:59 PM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
ask them why their 24 year old mechanic gets to drive your car.