Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lumbar-ectomy : how to open up seat backs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 07:16 AM
live2shift is on a distinguished road
Lumbar-ectomy : how to open up seat backs?

I love my new (used) 08 CS but the lumbar support on the power seats hurts my back. I have a lower back issue and I have this problem on lots of cars I have owned. Does anyone know how to open up the back of the seats. I am thinking of doing a lumbarectomy and reducing or removing the protruding lumbar support mechanism in the seat. thanks!!

Old 05-08-2010, 10:57 AM
live2shift is on a distinguished road
Well I got brave and starting exploring and I found out how to get to the guts of the seat, it was actually quite easy and accessible from the front. There are 3 tabs that hold the seatback on. Once inside skies the limit, it's actually interesting how the power lumbar bags work.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:04 AM
extanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond reputeextanker has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by live2shift
Well I got brave and starting exploring and I found out how to get to the guts of the seat, it was actually quite easy and accessible from the front. There are 3 tabs that hold the seatback on. Once inside skies the limit, it's actually interesting how the power lumbar bags work.
anytime ya work on a po its "interesting"......like what the hell where the evil elves from the black forest thinking when they designed this or that